xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irwan6179

Nano Or Mini: Which iPod Should I Choose? Which IPod should I choose?

which one is more worth it????ipod nano : strong screen material,but easy got scratchessflash memory(hard to spoil)colourfull screennew modelipod mini : good materialmini hardiskgrayscale screenstop production model(nowadays)give me u'r comments

Edited by HTML_Guru (see edit history)

which one is more worth it????

ipod nano : strong screen material,but easy got scratchess

flash memory(hard to spoil)

colourfull screen

new model

ipod mini : good material

mini hardisk

grayscale screen

stop production model(nowadays)

give me u'r comments

1064325982[/snapback]

Flash memory is not necessarily hard to spoil. Flash is only good for a certain number of writes. If you change out your music on a regular basis, you will wear it out, especially if you ever use it as a portable hard drive. On the other hand, you will not damage Flash memory by joggling it. I have a decent flash MP3 player sitting here that I have worn out the memory. It still plays, but I cannot write to it anymore.

If you do any sort of exercise while carrying your player, go with the flash memory. If you just carry it around, ride the bus, do other light activities, you won't hurt the hard drive and it will last longer.

Personally, I don't care about a color screen. I want to listen to music, not look at the screen. The screen needs to be clear enough to see what I have playing and select songs. But that's just me.

If you're a light music listener and are on a tight budget, I think that a flash based player will be better. Flash players usually come in lower capacities like 128 megs, 256 megs and so on while hard-disk players come in larger capacities like 1 gig, 2 gig. So generally flash players can be cheaper and a good choice for light users.

Doesn't the Ipod Nano have a clearer screen than its predecessors? That's what I've heard.But, if it has less memory than the Mini, I would choose the Mini, because I like lots of memory even though I would never use that much. :mellow:

I think bouth are pretty bad. Ipod nano's screen scratches with anything, its made out of the crappiest lighest matireal ever. The mini breaks way to easy, even with the case on. My Advice, Go with a mp3 player like the PsP or just like a 2GB flash drive and get a mp3 hookup for it.

Breaking? Dude, I think You better check up on your sources

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2005/09/nano/3/

Those things real solid for their size. And some people just want a mp3 player, not a whole BIG *bottom* huge PSP thing.

I'd go for nano, it has a colorscreen, and about the scratches. That's really bull. You can't expect something NOT to scratch if you put an ipod and your bloody keys in one pocket. Anything will scratch, either put your ipod in a pocket without sharp objects or buy some kind of ipod protection sock thing.

ps. Killer008r, i'd like to see some references to an ipod breaking :|.....

Well the ipod mini is a good but (as it holds more songs for the same price!) and the nano sctraches a lot. BUT what i have heard is that apple are re desgining the nano!!! Im NOT sure if it is true!But the nano holds pictures, album art and is very small!!So in a way it is just down to what you want they are both good in different ways so its down to user prefrence!!If you want a personal opion i would but nano

I have a Nano, I bought it straight from Best Buy. No scratches I put it in my pocket, nothing was in there, nothing but my hand when I took it out. When I actually took it out, the screen was scratched. How do you explain that? And about the breaking thing, you have to check up on your sources, I said the IPod MINI, not NANO.

If you are looking into investments, I suggest keeping an iPod mini for another 50 years before selling it again. The resale value will be damn high, I'm sure. :huh: But as for now, I would recommend getting the iPod nano. Its features sure look nice to me and Creative is yet to come up with a colour screen and they're always one step behind Apple which makes me think everytime a new iPod comes out, Creative will back engineer their technology. Which may not be true. Their Zen Neeon certainly came out too late but it sure does look nice! I'll rank it second after the iPod nano though. :mellow: And is it worth the looks? The iPod nano 4GB is indeed 4GB BUT US$50 will get you a standard iPod with an EXTRA 16GB. This is worth reconsidering :blink:

I would never buy a big iPod, it's too big, iPod nano is very small (my friend has it), really very small. It has nice screen, you can watch photo's on it. 4 gig is enough for me, otherwise i just wouldn't know what to listen. I'm not so up to harddrives, but i would take nano.The mini is also out of production, so it's more difficult to let it repair (my friend says they just can't anymore)....

My advice for you would to get a PlayStationPortable. PSPs are cheaper than iPods. With an iPod, you can only listen to music. However, with a PSP, you can listen to music, watch movies, play games that are comparable to today's top notch consoles and with a wireless connection (sometimes found in school, work, universities, etc.), you can browse the Internet! Yes, you actually can with a handheld system.PSPs are currently selling for $250 each.