xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Lexmark Realeses A Printer With Cd-rw

lexmark realeses a new product that its seems inovator. It's a photo printer portable with ink jet tecnologie for photos 10 x 15 inches, but it's not the size that counts but the CDRW Drive included.

Posted Image

Now you dont need to use a computer for print :mellow:

Nice, but at first when I saw this topic I thinked it's a printer for printing covers direct on blank CD-s and it's capable of burning them too... but this is something else :mellow:

I dont know about CD-Rs. Given the fact that a new standard of high capacity disks are coming out next year (the blue ray or HD DVDs), I don't see why Lexmark did not instead opt for DVDs instead. I don't even remember the last time I burned something on a CD other than an audio one. Oh yeah this might be off topic, but the last Lexmark printer I got (it was a printer/scanner/copying machine model) was a piece of Junk. The drivers that came did not work with ANY of my 4 computers in the house when printing. I looked online and found that many people had the same problem and Lexmark did nothing to relieve our problems! Way to go Lexmark!

i really don't see the need to have a cd burner on a printer. it would appear to me that no one will really need to buy it therefore it will be a major loss to lexmark.

1064326335[/snapback]

Well, I must say you're wrong about this. Imagine you got your own company, let's say design office.. Now ... you are designing for some client one multimedia CD. He asks you if you could produce and deliver to him 100 of that CD-s with printed cover on them - like originals, and all in original CD boxes with covers... Ok, so you could print all covers for CD-s on stickers and stick them on cd-s but that would be nonprofessional solution and it has low quality... On the other hand, you must burn 100 CD-s - do you know how much time it is...??? Let say you are burning 700MB cd-s at 4min per CD, and you still must drag them out of burner, put blank CD in, ok, let's say you are producing 1 cd at 5 mins. - that is approx 8,5 hours of burning. It's a waste of time... and you will probably go crazy.

Now a SOLUTION will be to have an printer capable of burning CD copies, and printing covers direct on blank CD-s, and that kind of device already exists.. this is one device capable of doing just that:Rimage 2000i Desktop but it costs $2,939.00 for start model... :)