xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Microsoft Antispy spyware remover

Does anyone have it? If so, do you like it? I personaly love the new spyware remover from Microsoft, its very powerful. Seeing as its made by the developers of the OS itself, atleast I think its that way. My pc's IE was hijacked and the home page was locked at yahoo.com, I've been searching high and low for something to help me remove it and finally after months of living with yahoo as my start page, Microsoft Antispy extended a big helping hand! I love the program, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who cant afford another (payware) antispy program. Since I just got it I wont delete my common antispy program (Ad-Aware) but I did an Ad-Aware scan before I did the MSAS scan and Ad-Aware didnt find anything, but MSAS did, so it might be replacing Ad-Aware soon. I wont delete it now because MSAS is currently at the dreaded BETA state, so there is no telling what could happen.

I havent tested it out yet, but by what you say tempted me too download it... so I'm downloading now. The first impression looks good, and it doesnt happen often that I have a good impression about a mcrosoft product :)

Humm looks good! Autoupdates, daily scan etc. But I'm wondering how much spyware it actually finds... It actually scans blazing fast and finds a lot of spyware... I'm impressed by microsoft :\\

I've had AntiSpy for around a week, and I've run the Ad-Aware test after I ran the AntiSpy test, and Ad-Aware found what AntiSpy had found, plus more. What I like about AntiSpy is that it asks permission for things, like the microsoft security thing.

Hi Dodger,It's a little like comparing apple & oranges. As I understand it MS's AntiSpy checks for trojans & worms & IE hijackers that Adaware was never designed to scan for. If you are going to continue to use Adaware, you should also consider using "Spybot Search & destroy" and/or "Trojan Hijacker" also which check for these problems.Also MS's entry into the "infection" arena comes after they recently bought out a anti-virus company (can't remember which one) that was somewhat third rate behind McAfee & Norton ...etc. So I would'nt put all my hope on the MS people who gave you the IE flaws/vulnerabilities in the first place and ignored the marketplace problems they created (allowed to continue) for over 5 years.Would be nice to think (wish) that they will do something nice for us consumers but their track record of only doing what's in the best interest of MS & "let the comsumer be Da*ed" isn't very encouraging.As for me I'm sticking with the third party folks who have don't a supurb job of cleaning up MS's mess!!!Just my thoughts, RGPHNX

Microsoft's anti spyware is probably not made for gamers, my ping almost doubled thanks to the Real time Protection.. So t seems like I was wrong and its actually another crappy prog from microsoft ... Well its only beta yet

Florisjuh,That seems to be MS's marketing strategy.. lure you in with a lot of whizbang "features".. get you dependent.. then hit you for $ to fix basic (ie. essential) functions- LIKE BANDWIDTH CONSERVATION. Anybody else ??RGPHNX

Well, I'm not sure about that one...I did have to enter my computer's Product Key, so you may have to have Windows to get it/use it.Anyway, I've been using AntiSpy for a while, and I like it! It does a good job, and it's free! Yet, it is in the BETA stage, so it'll probably cost money later on...