xisto Community
golgothurteen

My Tribute To One Of My Favorite Anime Characters Artwork done in photosohop

I used to be a Dragonball fanatic many many years ago (before it became a trend in the US here). For a time Akira Toriyama's (creator of Dragonball) style of artwork heavily influenced my own. Since I havent drawn anything in years I thought it would be fun to post something from the height of my skill as an amateur artist.

Posted Image

As I recall I drew each form of Goku seperately then combined them all in the end. Oh yeah, the alternate design for Super Saiayan 4 (bottom left) was created due to the fact that I hated the design the animators chose in the GT series (It wasnt designed by Toriyama) :mellow:

Hey goglothrteen i was really looking forward to seeing your art in photoshop and i am also a fan of DBZ and not GT but i think your bucket is not workig or the link is broken because i read teh source and wen directly to the image and it doesnt load so maybe get an admin to repost it wen you get it working cos i am really keen to take a look at it.

Hey goglothrteen i was really looking forward to seeing your art in photoshop and i am also a fan of DBZ and not GT but i think your bucket is not workig or the link is broken because i read teh source and wen directly to the image and it doesnt load so maybe get an admin to repost it wen you get it working cos i am really keen to take a look at it.

1064325821[/snapback]

Link works fine, so I'm not sure where this problem lies, unless it's been fixed, although I looked at this when it was first posted and the link worked fine then too. (have to make sure no nasty pictures are linked to).

http://photobucket.com/albums/v336/golgothurteen/Goku.jpg

Cheers,

MC

Those are uncanny imitations of the original art (except for the fourth: I think you made the chin a little bit un-Goku). It would be very easy to mistake these as spliced together screenshots from the show.Such talent should not go wasted; have you thought about returning to art, perhaps to develop your own style?

I myself am actually an artist as well, and if I ever take the time to actually scan some of my pictures (I have some of DBZ as well), I can display them here for you guys.

Still, good job on the artwork, golgothurteen. I actually still keep up my drawing skills - I've gotten to the point where, if I have a picture of something, chances are, I can draw it.

Making sure to keep everyone in check,

HTML_Guru

You say you drew those pictures?!!! Awesome!! They're really cool... all of them are so amazingly similar to the real thing, you sure are good at it :blink:.Wow ... and I thought I was the only one to be crazy enough to be obsessed with the Dragonball series. In fact, I've got the entire collection on my hard disk (db, dbz, dbgt) which takes up about 20 GB of space :mellow:

Which is not really possible, even the lowest quality version of dragonball already takes up 29 gigs of space.

Dragonball = 5.5 GB
Dragonball Z = 11.0 GB
Dragonball GT = 2.1 GB

:mellow: that's the exact size, I kid you not. My bad ... it's a little less than 20 GB.

Wow golgothurteen those are amazing .....great skills you have there, and as a few have said have you thought of doing animation for a living maybe marvel or something i think you would be great .. :mellow:@ mc I think the link is fixed today yesterday when i tried it the buket just timed out.CheersReaver

Thank you for all the compliments :mellow: Hahaha it would be cool to be a comic, graphic, etc. artist, but I don't think I would be cut out for the job due to the fact that I am incredibly lazy. I was into drawing for so many years that it came to the point where I would get easily bored of a work in progress and then abandon it (usually the time consuming projects). Im sure many other artists here have been in that kind of a situation at one time or another. If not well thats good for you. But anyways I plan to slowly get back into it. Im not as good as I used to be but eventually after a little practice I'll be there. Thanks again guys!

How do you compress 153 episodes of 24 minutes (dragonball) to 5.5 GB.... Kinda amazing. Do you use the RealMedia encodes or something?

All of them are compressed real media codec. If I compressed them using divx, at this size, the resolution will be terrible.

I used to be a Dragonball fanatic many many years ago (before it became a trend in the US here). For a time Akira Toriyama's (creator of Dragonball) style of artwork heavily influenced my own. Since I havent drawn anything in years I thought it would be fun to post something from the height of my skill as an amateur artist.

Posted Image

As I recall I drew each form of Goku seperately then combined them all in the end. Oh yeah, the alternate design for Super Saiayan 4 (bottom left) was created due to the fact that I hated the design the animators chose in the GT series (It wasnt designed by Toriyama)  :)

1064325741[/snapback]

that is REALLY nice.....