xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

My Network

i've recently installed a router at my home, i have internet and so my sister, (sorry my bad english), each one in his own pc, but now i have a problem, i work often with apache server and now the other ppl cant see my websites in my own pc, because the ip address is diffrent, usually , before install home network i just need to know witch was my IP address and show the guys the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ,but know i don't know what my ip address is, i mean the extern ip address, Any one knows how to configure apache or configure my network to solve this problem ?

PS: I didn't know where else i could post this, so i conclude the best place was here. if anyone doesn't understand my english please tell so i can explain better.

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure whether I really understand the problem, but I hope I do. Are 'other people' the people inside your home network or peolpe in the outside internet? Anyway, if you don't know your own IP-adress, you have to find it out. :-) For example you can upload a "test.php" to any webserver and add it to your favorites with this content:

<?php$test=getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");echo $test;?>
If you do so, it will tell you your 'extern' IP-adress, for example click HERE

I'm sure you can find your IP-adress somewhere in your router's web-interface too! Some routers need extra configuration for Portforwarding, so that your localhost can be viewed by the outside surfer through your IP adress.

GreetingZ

What you need to do is enable port forwarding on your router.Your WAN (DSL/Cable/ISDN connection) was directly connected to your machine. Now your server/machine is connected to a LAN. The Lan(router) is now the device directly linked to the outside world.typically, you can set up your router to forward request. SO that requested for your WAN ip port 80 is sent to the correct box on the network. let's say your wan IP(cable/dsl ip assigned to you by your ISP) is 123.123.123.12. Your LAN IP(ip given by the router) is now 192.168.1.1, you could tell the router that all requests for 123.123.123.12:80 is to be forwarded to 192.168.1.1:80 on the network. That should allow people to view your webpages on your server.Exactly how to do this varies depending on the Router. Consult the instructions on port forwarding and it may require the set up and config of a DMZ if the router also includes a built in firewall. I've probably confused you a bit as well, but read up on any DMZ and portforwarding notes in the manual.

hazShow the other ppl aren't inside my home network , other ppl is you guys :blink: . Ok i already know what my ip address is. When i put it in the browser it show's me my router settings panel. but is not what i'm looking for.

unimatrix . When i installed my router he gave me another diffrent ip address : 192.168.1.1 , but this one is my ip address inside my network.

What i really want is a way to configure my network to allow extern users access to my websites, using apache http server.
before router installation i just had to write on the browser : eg. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and anyone who had this link was able to access with out any kind of problems. Now i cant.
i just dont know why :mellow:
Now i'm playing around with router settings to see if i find a way to set a ip address for extern useres access my pc.

typically, you can set up your router to forward request.  SO that requested for your WAN ip port 80 is sent to the correct box on the network. 

let's say your wan IP(cable/dsl ip assigned to you by your ISP) is 123.123.123.12.  Your LAN IP(ip given by the router) is now 192.168.1.1, you could tell the router that all requests for 123.123.123.12:80 is to be forwarded to 192.168.1.1:80 on the network.  That should allow people to view your webpages on your server.

1064325587[/snapback]

Yep i already understand , i'll try to configure like you said thks.