xisto Community
webdesignunlimited

How Do I Get My Site The First Page On Google?

To make your Website appear on the first page of Google and other engines will require some hard work. But if you're willing to do it, and do it right, then it won't be long until your site is recognized, and then you'll find it very easy to even make money out of it.There are many things you can do, and the people here have talked about a lot of them. I'll try to add one or two ... :-)1. Yes, META tags are essential, even if some SEs don't rely too much on them anymore. When your site appears on an SE, your META Description is usually the bold, highlighted, clickable link that shows first. You have to make this catchy to the searcher.2. In Search Engine Optimization, content is king. Search Engines run a business. Their business is to provide searcher for the most relevant, most informative sites. All their technology and strategy revolves around this objective. Admittedly, most still have trouble, and others very much suck at it, but still some of them like Google do an admirable job. So focus on content; make sure that when a human visits your site, they'll find what they came looking for. This way, you'll be doing the SEs a major favor, and trust me, it's in their best interest to pay you back. :-)3. Make every page of your site revolve around a single keyword. For example, if your website is about football, you can make a page about famous current players, famous old players, brasil, FIFA regulations, shirts colors, etc. Keywords don't have to be a single word like, ahem, "balls." It can be a phrase, say "world cup finals." The important thing here is that you should take your time choosing the phrases you think people interested in your website's theme will search for the most. Think both inside and outside the box.4. When you have found your valuable keywords, and made sure you didacted a separate page for each, use that keyword everywhere on the page. In your META tags, in your TITLE tags, in headings, in footings, and most certainly all over the page body. Don't over do it, though. Many SEs will penalize you for it.5. Link exchanging with other high-quality sites is a sure-fire way to increase your rank in Google, but not in many other SEs. But they're working on it, so don't take it lightly. Plus, let's face it, Google is currently the best and the most used SE, so please it, alright? :-)I'll be writing a complete SEO guide soon, hopefully. I hope you'll find it helpful.And good luck. :-)

Great post right there. Pretty much sums it all up. Another thing you should do is make shure to put in good keywords in your Meta tags. Thats another big thing to do.

1064325471[/snapback]

I don't believe meta tag keywords are used any longer by the search engines to rank your page. The key words (words that are most appropriate for your content) should be used throughout your pages in an appropriate manner. Not too few, not too many!

I was just wondering if you could make your webite to come up first on google when they typed in a word that has something to do with your website. If it can be done, then how do you do it? :D

1064325242[/snapback]

I know keywords and links to your site by high-ranking pages helps your site rank higher in search engines, but..... I have a question as to what may hurt your rank.

It used to be that having your pages in frames was a bad thing to do. Is it still bad? Does it matter whether you use frames or not?

Also, does the fact that you use the older style of having font, bold, italic, etc. tags embedded in your code affect your page rank? Would removing those type of tags from your html doc and placing them in a style sheet affect your rank?

Thanks!

frames used to be a major nuisance for web designers interested in Search Engine Optimization, but not exactly in the way that first comes to mind ..

when you design a page with, say, 4 frames, then when this pages loads, there are actually 4 pages loading, only one of them will contain your significant keyword. the SE can and does recognize that page and will index it and rank it accordingly. but if we assume that this page does get a #1 rank .. when a visitor clicks on the link at the search engine results page, it'll take him to that specific page only. meaning, the frames won't show. and since most frame designers use it as a navigational aid, the visitor will most likely get lost when the frames don't show. that's why SEs had, and still have, a problem with indexing and ranking framed pages appropriately.

and as for the old HTML 3.2 tags such as bold, italics, typewriter, oblique, and the like, No, they don't have any effect, whether positive or negative on your page's ranking. they're only used by the browser itself.

but here's a hint. if you know the title attribute, which is functional since the introduction of HTML 4.0 (or 4.1, I can't remember) then this one can actually help with your optimization. for example ..

you're writing an H1 tag .. you can make it something like this ..

<h1 title="mention a brief description of this heading and the following paragraph, making sure you include your keyword in it">the heading</h1>

the title attribute can be used with most, if not all, tags, except those belonging to the <head></head> section.

frames used to be a major nuisance for web designers interested in Search Engine Optimization, but not exactly in the way that first comes to mind ..

when you design a page with, say, 4 frames, then when this pages loads, there are actually 4 pages loading, only one of them will contain your significant keyword.  the SE can and does recognize that page and will index it and rank it accordingly.  but if we assume that this page does get a #1 rank .. when a visitor clicks on the link at the search engine results page, it'll take him to that specific page only.  meaning, the frames won't show.  and since most frame designers use it as a navigational aid, the visitor will most likely get lost when the frames don't show. that's why SEs had, and still have, a problem with indexing and ranking framed pages appropriately.

and as for the old HTML 3.2 tags such as bold, italics, typewriter, oblique, and the like, No, they don't have any effect, whether positive or negative on your page's ranking.  they're only used by the browser itself.

but here's a hint.  if you know the title attribute, which is functional since the introduction of HTML 4.0 (or 4.1, I can't remember) then this one can actually help with your optimization.  for example ..

you're writing an H1 tag .. you can make it something like this ..

<h1 title="mention a brief description of this heading and the following paragraph, making sure you include your keyword in it">the heading</h1>

the title attribute can be used with most, if not all, tags, except those belonging to the <head></head> section.

1064334889[/snapback]

Great! That helps a lot. I guess I did already know about the search engine possibly finding a page in your site other than your index page and displaying it outside of the frame, but I had forgotten that. I'm going to redo my site and not use frames.

Also, that's a great hint, using the title attribute in some of my page tags. I'll incorporate that right away.

Thanks again!

download the software addweb 8 professional and then create a profile and then you basically click submit and then it will submit it to every search engine in the world. it is that easy.

Hi everybody,I've just signed up and got a burning topic to post a message. It is the dream of every webmaster to get the top 10 rank in Google. I have gone through the posts earlier and I think at this stage it requires a sum-up.The issue is " How do I get my site the first page on Google".Yes, it involves so many factors. Just a quick list for you to check up.1) The website url:It should relate to the site content, though not mandatory, in any case.2) The page title:The page tile should be descriptive and a brief reflection of the content of the page and not just the site name or no title at all! Do not make it too big, otherwise GoogleBOT will take it as negative.3) Meta Tags : The keyword should not be more than, I think, 25 to 30 words. Also try not to use single word but a phrase of two to three words. Think, what users can type in the search box and select your keywords accordingly. People, usually, do not type a single word in the search box. Do not repeat the same word again and again as that will definitely go against you. GoogleBot is intelligent enough to pick-up your intention. Description: Description should be the summary of your page content. It is againn must not be too lengthy. It should contain keywords as well.4) Page content : Page content should be keyword-rich. But never use too may keywords. It has nowhere been naratted by Google, exactly, what is the optimum keyword density, but then I say, just keep a balance. Do not load your pages excessively with keyword, neither it should be void of keywords. Do not use too much images in your webpages as GoogleBot does not recognise image. Use Text links more often than images. Alwasy use <ALT> tag with images, though not mandatory. Your content must not reflect your keywords alone. It should be useful and interesting for the visitors to read. But wherever you can, insert Keyword for that page. Balance, as I have said earlier, is the key. 5) Hidden Fields: Do not use hidden form fields or comments tag to insert keywords as it will damage your page ranking.6) Broken Links/Dead Links: Broken/Dead links will definitely go against your Page Ranking. So check for broken/dead links many a times before submitting your site to Google.More Tips: Just observe,( but never copy), the sites ranking top in the Google Search . There is a lot of staff to learn from top ranking sites. Just note from those sites the title,description and page content. . Do spend some time observing what other's are doing and do make modifications accordingly. Use single url for each page of your website. Give page-title, keywords and contents for each page of your website. It has explicitly been mentioned by Google( If my memory does not speak wrong) that they believe ( or something like that) the fact that each webpage-url must have one particular contents. Use of dynamic webpages might harm your page rank. Link to Good sites only . Link exchage will definitely improve your page rank. Promote your site. The more you promote the more will be the chance of getting a goog page rank. Do not think of the Page Ranks. Think what you have to offer to your visitors. GoogleBot simply does the work of a human moderator, so do not try to make it fool. Finally, getting a good page rank is a process and you have to try hard to achieve this. That's why, instead of getting too much taxed up with the idea of Good Page rank, rather, try to upgrade your site contents periodically. It will definitely give you good rank in fine, keeping in mind rule 1 to 6 above. Too much stuff from a Newbee! But, I think, it will work. Bye.

The First Page of Google System Will show you how Free!How Do I Get My Site The First Page On Google?

Take a look at the First page of Google system and find out how to Dominate the First Page of Google and now I made this free for every one. I have put over 500 links on the First Page of Google And many other Search Engines Free and you can too... You will find the link to join at the top of this page http://www.earnonautopilot.ws/  My name is Vance and I am here to show you how to do it free.  just go to the site above and at the top of the page click on the link that say get in the first page of google system free. I used to sell this for 49.95 but have moved on too new things. To Your Success every one. 

(Title    description  keywords)   for you site and links  I show you how to do this the right way...

(a Traffic serge to that page)... You can do this by using a traffic exchange

and your site on (very high page rank sites)...  

Plus you want to (ping your site using a free ping service). They are also free.

I show you where to (submit your site to Social and Bookmarking) sites inside the first page of google system.   Need Proof  just  type in  The First Page of Search Engines    or   The First Page of Google   or  many many many many more I have put on the first page guys... 

All The Best and Too your Success  Vance C The First Page of Google System and there are no hiddin fees it is 100% Free now ok... All the best my Frinds..

-reply by Vance

You can get your website in the first page of Google, takind this tips:

Optimize your site design: Optimize your keywords and the content inside your site. This will give you more "likely" with the Google Bot.

Get Backlinks: The Backlinks are the sword that Google uses to kill the trash sites. If your site doesn´t have many backlinks the Google Bot will understand that your website it´s not very important. And this will get your site down in Google.

How to increase the backlinks?

Exchange links with other webmaster

Use Special Software: I recommend SEOElite, good program to get backlinks.

This is a tedious job.

Alternatively If you don´t want to fight. You can contract a SEO worker in internet, although this is very expensive.

WHY WORRY?How Do I Get My Site The First Page On Google?

I think, there are too many people more worried about google ranking and alexa ranking than concentrating on building their website to their requirement. After all it is your site, and you may bloody well do it the way you want it. If you are honest about it, and you create the site, the way you want it, put a hood over your eyes and focus on the site you want to build. If you have the "stuff" that people want, come hell may, they will lap it up. Eg. TWITTER. So go on, build your great website, because each one is unique, and with a purpose. If you are honest with your intention, you are sure to get it up there. I have built my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ with 100's of links, but have not asked any one for a link back, if they feel that they want to link to me, I am sure they will ask on their own. My business model is straight, and I have no qualms that I may or may not get a great page rank or rating. I am here for the fun of creating, and hopefully making a success of it.

-reply by ANIL KUMAR

Wow beautiful ArticleHow Do I Get My Site The First Page On Google?

GoogleBot simply does the work of a human moderator, so do not try to make it fool. Finally, getting a good page rank is a process and you have to try hardTo achieve this. That's why, instead of getting too much taxed up withThe idea of Good Page rank, rather, try to upgrade your site contentsPeriodically. It will definitely give you good rank.

-reply by Yoga

I was just wondering if you could make your webite to come up first on google when they typed in a word that has something to do with your website. If it can be done, then how do you do it? Posted Image

you need to give out good posts on your site and need a lot of page view for your site

your alexa ranking may reduce considerably which may decrease the number of the page on the google

so just keep posting nicely and get readers and comments count the most

I had my site on the first page for an MSN search for all that remains (a band). It didn't take much SEO, just a good amount of backlinks and good backlinks at that. Linking your site with a keyword, rather than an image is better for SEO. Also you have to pay attention to what sites are nofollow and which sites are dofollow. A link on nofollow sites has a lot less SEO value than a link on a dofollow site. Make sure you check to see if a site is nofollow or dofollow before you pay to have your site's link on it.

How do I get my site to the first page of Google?How Do I Get My Site The First Page On Google?

Replying to webdesignunlimitedTop Search Engine Placement through a well experienced company can give you a huge increase in online sales for a small monthly investment. If you have at least $100/mo to invest in targeted traffic you can go with IP Associates who is a well known professional search engine marketing company that has been in business for over 7 years doing top Yahoo and Google placement as well as banner design and marketing, search engine optimization and other online advertising. You can check out the site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ way to drive a lot of targeted traffic to your site and is a cheaper route that you can control yourself you and only costs $20 for a lifetime membership is double opt-in email marketing. The millions of targeted email marketing systems allows you to put your business and website in front of millions of targeted buyers you can check this site out. Whether you go with targeted search engine placement with IP Associates or another route, you should still check out this option as it is very inexpensive and lets you choose your category of businesses or people and put your product in front of millions of them every day for just one small fee./legacy hope this info helps you. Good luck!

-reply by Kelly Demagalski