xisto Community
Furor

Telletubbies

I can't take this no more. My small cousin brother comes every evening with a "Telletubby" CD begging me to play it. It is the most irritating and annoying thing I've ever come across. I've tried everything to get rid of that CD. I've tried hiding it, but he somehow manages to get hold of it. He eats my head off when I don't play it. I've missed many sitcoms because of the stupid Telletubbies. What the hell is wrong with them? They get excited over little things (like spotting a rabbit or playing with a ball and fiddling with their heads). I as a kid never watched Telletubbies. I admit that I got excited when Seseame Street was on, but atleast it was much more interesting (and educative) than the stupid Telletubbies. What do kids get from watching a bunch of things that don't know what they are doing on TV overlooked by a sun with a face of a baby? And my brother watches the same CD virtually every single day. Any ideas as to how I can divert his mind of this crazy stuff?

Don't hide it. Break it and throw it away. He wont know the difference. Believe me, I have 2 little brothers, 1 is 10, the other is 6. The 10 year old bugs me all the time"Daniel, play Burnout with me!""Daniel, let me play!""I'll tell mom!""MOM!! HE WONT PLAY WITH ME!!"*I end up getting in trouble*The 6 year old just keeps begging me to play Barney for him, and sing that stupid "I love you" song with him. It drives me nuts. One of these days I'm going to rip out their own vocal cords and strangle them with 'em.:)

Hehe... I've a lil' brother who told me once about a parody on the Teletubbies called Talibannies, so maybe put on those and he'll get scared :)

LOL!I really don't have anything against TV shows made for children, but only if the child that is watching it actually LEARNS something! I tried watching the Teletubbies for about 5 minutes (it was hell) and I was very confused... I really don't get the point?I heard somewhere that "The Teletubbies" is a TV show that was supposed to be made for slightly retarded children? Or am I wrong? :) Anyway, you requested help.Try http://mondomedia.com/channel/HappyTreeFriends . You probably watched this already on MTV, but it wouldn't hurt to download some flash episodes from this site and present them to your victim... um... cousin brother! :P Just in case if you didn't hear about them, Happy Tree Friends are a bunch of cute and fuzzy animals that live in a forest and have many weird adventures... For example: "Lumpy" the moose accidentally slices his friend's head (lot's and lot's of blood included!). :D If your cousin brother grows up to be a serial killer, don't blame me... It's either that, or the Teletubbies (sing along everybody :) )! Choose one!

I have nothing against tv-shows which are for kids, i don't watch them...But when i was younger i sometimes watched teletubbies...they are a bunch of creatures that sing and dance and there is nothing interesting for me..but maybe they're good for kids who want to learn to speak and learn new words..because teletubbies always repeat what they say and so on.. i don't know...i don't really care what kids watch..But i know how annoying it is when younger sister or brother comes to you and says: "play with me, i want you to play with me." i really hate it.. like i have nothing better to do...but just put the cd away or "loose" it and show him something more interesting than teletubbies..

dude, it's a baby show. That give it an excuse for sucking so badly. you don't have to hate it so much, it's just a baby show. I mean, blues clues and barney are much worse *shivers*but when i was in first grade, i use to love the teletubbies and dance along with them XD. But I don't hate the show, I just think I'm too old for it.

I realize that it is frustrating to you that your little brother wants to watch this cd over and over again. He will grow out of it. They always do. Just make sure you leave the room when he is watching it. My little sister used to watch Dumbo what seemed like 20 times a day. I hated that movie so much for so long. We get sick of it but they love it. If you think about it really it could be far worse. They could be doing worse things. I think every child goes through this stage sometime. I will get better eventually. Now you get to learn patience which probably will pay off later on.I sympathize with ya. I have been there.Beth

I dont know what you can do about your cousin but that show/music whatever is retarded I think you should try to get off that dude. :) Spazz

Posted Image

love me ;_;

----

in my country they were this copy of the Teletubbies called "Telechobis" hahaha it was so sad! but yeah i think teletubbies are kind of...strange (stupid :)) but if i got to choose between Dora the explorer, Teletubbies and "Juana la Iguana"(a show here at mexico too) I'll choose .....sesame street! yeah, i don't know why does little kids need to be watching TV at this age... i mean when i was little i watched TV all day (u know cartoon network old programs johny quest, tom & jerry those were some real programs) and now i have to use glasses! yeah.. instead of having those little kiddos run up the hill or things like that, the mummy sticks them in front of the TV so she can go to do her hair at the salon or things like that.

Ha, guess I was lucky or something. He did bug me by bringing along his telletubby CD, but did not want to play it. And that is because he saw the Incredibles CD on the rack. I guess all I had to do was to bribe him with some other CD which I could atleast bare. He just did not want to give up his TV watching rights even though he was bored of the damn Telletubby show. He'll be leaving for India in around a month and I sure am not gonna run out of animated movies till then. :)

Thanks for the possible alternatives guys! :)

My siblings have grown past that stage. One being older and the other younger. The younger one still watches Spongebob and stuff like that though. BUt I can see your guy's problem being a huge pain in the neck.

61244[/snapback]

Sponge bob rules, you can't diss it. I mean there's this sponge with pants on, how more hilarious can you get? AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA