xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webdesignunlimited

Virtual Memory I need some help...

I recall having gotten that problem before... I was never really sure how to rectify it either...

ANYWAYS, for the purpose of helping you and advertising the forum threads, I'm going to refer you to a tutorial just posted that discusses virtual memory.

Here you are, Ways to Improve Your Performace in Windows XP.

Hope this helps.

The Virtual Memory should be 2 times bigger than your RAM. It will inc your system performance. But don't forget to remove unnessesary application from your system. It also help

I usually get that problem when I'm trying to load a game while running a whole lot of applications. It used to happen when I had 256MB RAM but now, I have 512 and I don't see it at all. It actually depends on how much memory the game requires and how much space has been allocated for virtual memory by the system. I would suggest you try firefoxsilver's method and see if it helps any before you buy a new hard disk. Cheers :mellow:.

In the virtual memory size settings you also have the option to put a user defined minimum and maximum size. Some people say that it speeds up Windows if you set these two to the same size! If the size of the virtual memory is constant, Windows doesn't need to always change the size of the pagefile.sys-file.If you have enough RAM, like 2 GB for example, I guess you can turn off the virtual memory. This then also would speed up your system I think. GreetingZ