xisto Community
sujith

Suggest Free Php Host PHP HOsts

I wish to know if there are any free sites which offer free PHP and My SQL support .If you have any links relating to any free PHP and My SQL plans please reply here.I would like to use it for hosting a forum I am thinking to use phpbb2 for forum it needs support for PHP and My SQL,I would also like to know about what amount would I need for a PHPBB forum.Thank you

I use Xisto for hosting my phpbb2 forum. Xisto is free as long as you can post on the forum, it supports php and mysql. And if you log to your cpanel, you will see that it's really fast and easy to install and configure your phpbb2 forum.RegardsYordan

MySQL, not My SQL.

As said before, Xisto provides PHP, MySQL and Postregre SQL (I think it is spelt like that) it also supports ASP and a whole list of others.

PHPBB2 takes about 20Mb or so (when fully installed and mods are added) of MySQL database size. Remember, that not only do you have a limit on the number of databases, but there is also a size limit.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is a good place to find alternative hosting, but I would recommend Xisto (here). Not only is it premium classed hosting (for free) but they also provide Fantastico, which allows you to install loads of different elements into your site, including PHPBB (as said before) and also things like Wiki and Bloging software. It is free and takes under a minute to set up anything.

I wish to know if there are any free sites which offer free PHP and My SQL support .If you have any links relating to any free PHP and My SQL plans please reply here.

I would like to use it for hosting a forum I am thinking to use phpbb2 for forum it needs support for PHP and My SQL,

I would also like to know about what amount would I need for a PHPBB forum.

Thank you

1064325194[/snapback]

If you just need an forum, I recommend forummer.com and invisionfree.com . They don't limit the BW but there's some ad on the page. If you're interested with this community, why don't you stay here and get a host. This hosting service is pretty professional (the best one that I've ever know).

There're always other free hosts that support PHP&MySQL with no-ad. But there's many limitations (space, bandwidth, filesize...). Most of them require posting to make the site remain.

Xisto is pretty good, and has PHP and MySQL. :blink:

Also, I don't recommend phpBB, as the phpBB site was hacked at least once not long ago because of holes in the software. >_<

Personally, I recommend MyTopix from Jaia Interactive. It's fast, easy-to-use, has lotsa good features, and is free. :mellow:

SMF, although I don't like it, is a very good forum. When PHPBB3 is released, then I will probably use that. But until then, I still have a copy of vBulletin.

If you could live with a german interface I would recommend http://www.funpic.de/ . They offer 100 MB webspace with PHP and MySQL. Traffic is inclusive and there are no forced ads! Like Xisto they have a forum, but you don't have to post there, only for extras like own 404's and more FTP/MySQL accounts.

GreetingZ

I definetly endorse Xisto and I love the Simple Machines Forum easy to work with and fun to play with. Also here on Xisto you not only get Great Technical Support but a very cool community with members who are always willing to help you learn and work through problems that can arise with your website.

Can any one help me personaly for setting up my foroumi dont know how to do itif you are able to do so please leave me a message--------OR------------please suggest me a website offering a good tutorialthanks

Setting one up should be pretty simple. Are you using phpBB then or another one like SimpleMachines (which I also recommend)? I will try to help you set it up.Do you have a webhost ready yet? You need one. Either get one or post more here to get your hosting package (I suggest the second package with 30 credits) if you plan to use a lot of space.

don't worry there are a lot of us here who would be more then happy to help you learn how to set one up or would be willing to do set it up for you...though I personally would rather help you learn how to do it for yourself.

MySQL, not My SQL.

As said before, Xisto provides PHP, MySQL and Postregre SQL (I think it is spelt like that) it also supports ASP and a whole list of others.

PHPBB2 takes about 20Mb or so (when fully installed and mods are added) of MySQL database size. Remember, that not only do you have a limit on the number of databases, but there is also a size limit.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is a good place to find alternative hosting, but I would recommend Xisto (here). Not only is it premium classed hosting (for free) but they also provide Fantastico, which allows you to install loads of different elements into your site, including PHPBB (as said before) and also things like Wiki and Bloging software. It is free and takes under a minute to set up anything.

funpic.org

Web Hosting

Âť Web Hosting for free
Âť PHP Hosting
Âť MySQL Support
Âť FTP Account
Âť ThePlanet Servers
*NO ADS*

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ does not have cPanel/Fantastico but has a MySQL database and PHP. It has unmetered diskspace and unmetered bandwidth (or so it claims; everything has a limit). Your MySQL is not limited if you use it for something other than an image gallery. No ads, unless you count the 404 and other error pages, which you can't change.
When you click the sign up link you go to a forum registration, but as soon as you verify your email it activates your web hosting.