xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killer008r

Nintendo Revolution's Controller Idea

-----I know this should go into gaming but I have no other place to post this because the school has anything with the word gaming restricted (Yeah in a high school too) So if any moderators could. Please move this to gaming, I'm not asking for the post credit either.-----

The Controller of the Nintendo Revolution has been announced in the Tokyo Game Show 05. The controller is using Incredable technology which uses lasers (like in duck hunt) to control the movement on the character/car/what ever the game needs you to controll. This new controller type is named the Nanchacku (or as people pronounce it nun-chuck) So you can swing a Sword in a game like Zelda by swinging the controller left and right (All the controllers are Wireless so theres no throwing the controller around) You can have the excitement of fishing, golfing, Racing, FPS (You actually can aim the controller like a gun, and then with the other half of the boomerang switch weapons or move, which I think is a wonderful idea.)

If you want to see it just follow the link below v
https://www.engadget.com/2005/09/16/nintendo-revolution-controller-more-deets-pics/

-----I know this should go into gaming but I have no other place to post this because the school has anything with the word gaming restricted (Yeah in a high school too) So if any moderators could. Please move this to gaming, I'm not asking for the post credit either.-----

The Controller of the Nintendo Revolution has been announced in the Tokyo Game Show 05. The controller is using Incredable technology which uses lasers (like in duck hunt) to control the movement on the character/car/what ever the game needs you to controll. This new controller type is named the Nanchacku (or as people pronounce it nun-chuck) So you can swing a Sword in a game like Zelda by swinging the controller left and right (All the controllers are Wireless so theres no throwing the controller around)  You can have the excitement of fishing, golfing, Racing, FPS (You actually can aim the controller like a gun, and then with the other half of the boomerang switch weapons or move, which I think is a wonderful idea.)

If you want to see it just follow the link below v

https://www.engadget.com/2005/09/16/nintendo-revolution-controller-more-deets-pics/

1064324945[/snapback]

When I saw that I was balkin' at the design, but I was reading IGN they said just playing the simple pong-esque demos the controller felt extremely natural. I guess I'm willing to reserve judgement until I actually try it out though. :mellow:

At first I thought it was a bad idea, but then when they explained the Gyro Technology, I was Awed with amazement. And since there is that 100% backwards compatibilty where you can download games from all the old systems and play them there is mostlikely going to be online multiplayer games. Which leaves a pretty cool idea of Tennis games and games like Counter-Strike.

I have to admit, when i first saw the pictures of it on Engadget i couldnt beleive that Nintendo would create such a beast. I was convinced that it was a fake. Now that i look at it more closely, it does seem that it might actually be more comfortable then previous controller designs. I guess i'll just have to reserve judgement until i try it out in the store.

I have to admit, when i first saw the pictures of it on Engadget i couldnt beleive that Nintendo would create such a beast. I was convinced that it was a fake. Now that i look at it more closely, it does seem that it might actually be more comfortable then previous controller designs. I guess i'll just have to reserve judgement until i try it out in the store.

I'm totally excited about the controller. Imagine all the remakes of old games that could utilize the controller. For example, my fav game of all time, Jet Set Radio. Instead of using the analog stick to spray graffiti, you can draw it or follow the directions on screen with the controller! SEGA are you reading this?!

I first saw this controller about maybe 4-5 months ago on the G4TV cable channel. People were automatically putting it down. But I was thinking right away, Hey it's a break from the norm. An original concept. It's about time that the company that started the video game craze (in my opinion) come out with something so off the beaten path. When I saw the video that Nintendo was showing at the festival (I can't remember which one it was) it looked cool. People were moving their arms around, swinging imaginary bats, fishing rods, jumping in their chairs... it looked great! I can't wait to try it.