xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yungblood

HexaChess 6 Player Chess

Hi :mellow: I've developed a new version of chess that I call HexaChess. Picture 6 people being able to play chess at once, either as teams, or as a free-for-all. As of yet, it's just a board game, I haven't turned it into a computer game yet. Actually, I'm still working on getting it to where I can market it as a board game. All the rules & the board design and everything are done, and I already have the copyright filed, but I'm still trying to find out who I can use for manufacturing. No, I'm not going to sell the copyrights off to another company, I find that's a good way to lose out on money, even if it is easier in the beginning.The reason I'm writing this is I would like to know if anyone's interested in this kind of game, and if anyone knows anything about game publishing.Although each player has 24 pieces instead of 16, the pieces move almost same as regular chess. :blink:Please let me know if you're interested in this kind of game :huh:-YB

To tell you the truth there is already a 6 player game of chess out there, it dosen't involve 24 peices, but the name hexachess has already been taken for it. But if it had 24 peices it might be kind of intresting. I would like to know how to play it and what the peices and board would look like.

Really? How'd you find that out? I already hold the copyright for the game that I described with the name HexaChess. I've had the copyright certificate for over 6 months now.I wonder if you found something about my chess game, or if you found something else. Please let me know, you made me very curious.-YB

It sounds interesting for ppeople who like that sort of game. personally I hate it when people just take a classic game and convert it into a more complex version of itself, but thats just me. I know alot of people like that sort of stuff so you could have a nice little cash cow on your hands there. Good luck with getting it marketed and manufactured

It sounds interesting for ppeople who like that sort of game. personally I hate it when people just take a classic game and convert it into a more complex version of itself, but thats just me. I know alot of people like that sort of stuff so you could have a nice little cash cow on your hands there. Good luck with getting it marketed and manufactured

1064325943[/snapback]

I've actually done my best not to make it more complex, merely to change the number of players. Granted, a little complexity had to be there to make the game work, but anyone that can play regular chess can play this. I've actually had this game play-tested by both amatuers, and skilled players. Almost all of my play-testers said they really enjoyed it. Only one of my play-testers said he didn't like it. It turns out that it seems to play better with people that are playing for fun, rather than people that are solely playing to win. I suppose that comes from the nature of multi-player games.

I've already got part of the marketing in the works. It's the manufacturing that's posing the biggest problem. I'm looking into ways of printing it cheaply, but because of the size of the board, that is posing a problem. It looks like I may have to run my own printing to start with. If I was to have it printed at an ordinary print shop, it would cost over $30 per board, and that's not even having it mounted on fiberboard. That would just be the print on normal wideformat paper.

-YB

P.S. If anyone wants to know the status of this game, watch http://www.yungblood.com/ for more info. It will be available there first.