xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkranger

Mit's I/o Brush Nice stuff.

Hey guys what's up?, I was wandering around the web and check out what I've found. It seems that MIT Labs has been busy, they recently presented I/O Brush, a new drawing tool to explore colors, textures, and movements found in everyday materials by picking them up and drawing with them.
Don't think it looks bad, I/O Brush looks like a real brush, but it differs in which it has a small video camera with touch sensors and leds. On the canvas,(huge touch screen)artists can draw with the special âinkâ they just picked up from their immediate environment.
For all you people that don't know what are sensors, they basically gather information from what they see or touch, in this case they are of touch, afterwards they send that information to a processor where it can change the binary bits into an image. It is very interesting and I hope you found it too.
Here's the link so you can read some more and watch the videos of it performing.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Enjoy!

Wow. I just took a look at the MIT site, and I saw some of the prototype pictures drawn using the I/O Brush. My God, I can't believe how vivid these colors looked, how different from the palette colors we're so used to. Now I suppose the next logical step should be reducing the size and the diameter of the brush, giving artists the ability to substitute their normal brushes. Of course, this is going to take a while to go mainstream, but when it does, and when electronic drawing canvases and I/O brushes are not so expensive anymore, I expect nothing short of another Renaissance. :) Too optimistic? Not really, just a tad futuristic, perhaps. LoL.Anyway, thanks DarkRanger for the great post. It'd have been a shame if I hadn't read it.