xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HTML_Guru

The Brainboost Search Engine The smartest search engine ever

Any of you guys ever happen to stumble upon BrainBoost.com? Well, quite simply, BrainBoost... has a brain - well, not really, but it is probably the smartest serach engine out there.

How is Brainboost different from existing engines like Google?

Brainboost is an answer engine whereas Google is a Search engine.

What that means is that Brainboost actually finds answers to your questions posed in plain English as opposed to directing you to pages that simply mention the questions.

Brainboost, Using the AnswerRank™ system, intelligently reads hundreds of web pages derived from search results and extracts just the short and concise answer to your question, saving you time.

Following is a simplistic explanation showing the process of both engines

Google

User types in : “Why is mars red”

Google Search engine retrieves all pages containing words "mars" and red".

Search results are sorted by the number of links each one of them got from other pages. This is a good way to figure out which one of them is most trusted by others.

Results are displayed with the snippet being the appearance of the question on the pages

Typically, a user would then click on the first search result, read through the document and hope to find an answer.

If an answer is not found within the first search result, the user needs to repeat this process with the next search result, sometimes having to read many web pages to finally get at the answer.

Brainboost

User types in : “Why is mars red”

Brainboost translates the query into multiple queries that will raise the probability of finding the ANSWER to the question.

Brainboost retrieves search engine results.

Brainboost retrieves top several hundred pages and reads them.

Brainboost finds answers and ranks them based on it's proprietary AnswerRank™ technology. AnswerRank™ knows to look at a set of many possible answers and rank them as to which one is probably the most correct. In this case: "Mars is red because of the iron in the soil"

Brainboost displays the ANSWERS to the user

So you see, Brainboost is a fundamentally different way to find knowledge. Whereas Search engines force you to spend time searching for that piece of information, Brainboost does that for you by automatically reading the search results and extracting the precious answer to your question.

When you add up all time we spend plowing through search results for an answer, this functionality translates to hours of time saved.

While search engines like MSN and Ask Jeeves have recently made limited attempts at answering questions from finite databases or precanned editorially collected answers, Brainboost is the only engine that leverages the full knowledge available on the web.

Brainboost. It’s the next evolutionary step in search engines.

Source: BrainBoost.com

However, with what seems to be such a revolutionary technology (at least, "search-engine - wise"), there are some flaws. For instance, many times one will notice upon recieving the results, that many of THOSE results are actually just vias or illrelevant returns.

Still, in the scheme of things, it is better than it is worse, and, with enough time, it may have the capabilities to see the fame that Google has seen.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know this search engine before. It's fun to try it out, and sometimes it gives out fascinating results. I asked "which is the best operating system" ... very interesting. :mellow: As soon as Brainboost becomes more popular, Google will try to BUY it I guess. :blink:

The funny thing is, they actually let you compare your searches with BrainBoost among other search engines - even Google.

All in all, I think they're going somewhere with this; I mean, I've always been interested in A.I., and so by default that makes my appreciate for BrainBoost that much more.

Plus, you can ask really stupid questions and see what the engine can make of it... hehe...

Brainboost claims that you can ask it questions and it will deliver answers to you. Doesn't that sound like Ask Jeeves? And we all know that Ask still somehow lags behind Google in the search engine race. I personally find Google the better search engine out there.

Brainboost claims that you can ask it questions and it will deliver answers to you. Doesn't that sound like Ask Jeeves? And we all know that Ask still somehow lags behind Google in the search engine race. I personally find Google the better search engine out there.

1064324786[/snapback]

Brainboost does look good, I dont know if it will ever take off but

I love just typing in stupid questions its just so funny,

Here was one i made earlier:

How do we become strong?

Ans: You become strong by His strength. It is the grace of God that makes a child of God out of anyone who will surrender his or her life to Christ.

But if you scroll down it also says:

Ans: One can become strong by daily exercises - with light dumb - bells, and such exercises should take place either two hours - before or after meals.

Hehe, so it is pretty nifty, I will be keeping a close eye on it

if talking about search engines, I like to use this one:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Jeez... way too high-traffic for me. Looks like they're still trying to get their, well, their stuff together. In any case, if it works for you, it works for you.

Nah, I prefer good-ol' Google and BrainBoost, myself.

Well they have been around for a while and the results were getting better and better, but for the half year, most of the stuff did not change and the search results are the same..Of course I use Google too