xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

30Gigs.Com - 30GB Of Email Space

By the time i've got 30 gigs of messages archived, my google box will be way past that. right now my incoming messages take up space relative to how fast my box grows...I'm stuck at 2% used. at that rate i'll never fill it up. I would give them a bit of time to get established before i trusted all my mail there.

The drive you refer to is called Gmail Drive. It's software from an outside source, NOT from Gmail themsleves.

You merely download it, and it then installs, and you can use Gmail as a spare online drive, very useful.

The only drawbck I have found is that when Gmail alter anything serioulsy, then GMail drive stops working (as in cannot connect).

However, the guy who designed it is pretty quick to get it working again, and usually has another model ready in a few days.

30GB is too much for an free email services. But I don't trust in this kind of email. Because when I grow and grow, who will pay for the hosting. And I can be slow down (like Yahoo).Finally, an ID like name@30gigs.com is not cool, right?Anyway, Gmail 's still the best choice. :mellow:

hmmm .... 30 GB .... I wouldnt know what to do with that much space but ill tell you one thing , the signature thing is really cool . Oh and how much is its file size limit ? I mean they must have done this for a reason . No other service gives or will give this much space . Although you HAVE to request for it . Very suspicious . :)

fasga, try GMail drive out for yourself, it's simple enough to use, and I assure you, it will/does come in handy.

I've been using it for a long time now, and have had no problems with it, except when GMail make a big change, then GMail drive ceases to work until the designer issues a new version, which he does in quick time.

fasga, try GMail drive out for yourself, it's simple enough to use, and I assure you, it will/does come in handy.

I've been using it for a long time now, and have had no problems with it, except when GMail make a big change, then GMail drive ceases to work until the designer issues a new version, which he does in quick time.

1064327485[/snapback]

Is the GMail drive developed by Google, and if not, do they have permission to exploit the service?

The sheer number of threads I have read about 30Gig email services is, without a doubt, annoying. GMail, for me and for so many others, is the perfect service. Companies like the ones that are offering 1Tb of data storage are out to rubbish GMail and take it's customers.

I prefer Gmail. 2GB is more than enough to me even if I don't delete any emails I have. I don't need 30 GB of space. Now I have about 100 invites to Gmail. If you need one of them, email me at ruijie.tan[at]gmail[dot]com

Oh wow, 30 GB who going to use 30 gb of emails lol i use im going to apply there now lol thanx for the website

I have 30gigs email accounts. so many. any one who want invites sent mail to me.
boetaw@30gigs.com

:lol::lol:

To have it use like a Gmail drive, all you need is to contact the owner of the Gmail drive and request him to re-program his software to do so.

Its pretty much the same concept. Sending the file as an attachment with specialized headers. What will matter is how much attachment size they allow.

By the way how to use Gmail for site hosting???

Hey guys check this!!!
I came across this and its a warning to all the idiots using GDrive or GoogleFS

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/22209.html

some one please send me a 30gigs invite at neodimension at gmail dot com

boetaw can you?