xisto Community
darkool

Xp Service Pack 3

Yea, i just read a news about this sp3 on C|Net news.com.It will be available sometime next year.this should be a good move.I am expecting new functions in this upgrade rather than just bugs fixed

Well I'm not a prophet, but I'm sure that they will release a Service Pack for Windows Vista too, and a then a patch for the security holes in the Service Pack, and then another Service Pack. Oh I really wish they would release their software after it's finnished and not before. :mellow:

I don't know, i think sp2 is only anoying sometimes. Ofcourse it makes windows safer, but all the warnings and double askings are really bothering me sometimes....so I hope this isn't get worse in sp3

Microsoft confirms that will realease a new Service Pack for windows Xp after the lauch of windows vista. This service pack will improve the security.

1064324566[/snapback]

good - we could use some better security on these systems.

Then again ... how many patches and fixes will they release shortly afterward to "fix" SP3? Hehe.

I hope that it not only makes the security for Windows better but I hope that it will also fix some bugs in Service Pack 2.But how long will it be until Microsoft starts releasing patches and fixes for their Service Pack 3, I'm sure that everyone is awaiting that as well.Hopefully it will come with several new features to it.....But the real problem with this coming out is how long do you actually need to wait to install it if you remember when Service Pack 2 came along it caused some major problems with computers sometimes it was fixable other times if forced you to reformate your computer and if you didn't have anything backed up you were just completely out of luck.Maybe this time it will not cause this problem but I'm betting that it will, because of the simple fact they try to get it out as quickly as possible not really ensuring that it will function properly.

Not that it would matter to the people who frequent these forums (or is it fora?), but MS will likely deploy some sort of authentication check before the installation of the Service Pack is allowed to proceed. Any takers for how long it'll take crackers to post a work-around?Remember the Windows Genuine Advantage premise which doesn't allow a user to use the updates until they prove that their copy of Windows is genuine? I do believe a simple javascript work-around let users update their machine without too much of a fuss.

This is crazy!!! I thought sp2 was the final service pack that they were going to release and that they weren't going to release any more 'service packs' other than regular updates. Dam... when will M$ ever give a standard completed OS? Why don't they just forget Vista and sit down and plug all the holes in XP first?

Well as for MS they will always say that this must be it. Cause they have put all "EFFORT" into getting every thing fixed. But Software is a fluid businees. Things change very rapidly...and ofcourse when a new SP comes it also causes new problems.

Well, the fact of the matter is that it very well could be improved, and it very well could be better - and for that reason only I am planning to download it. And yes, any security patches as well. In any case the only way any software, program, etc. will get better is if it is used, inspected, and thusly updated to handle the problems its earlier version(s) had.

That, and the fact that, throughout my use of SP2, have found little to no trouble with it. I mean sure, the unnecessary prompts and warnings are slightly annoying, but other than that, it's treated me pretty well.

I must have gotten the good SP2 - you guys all got the ornery, spiteful ones... :mellow:.

As I believe that WinXP SP3 was a combination of all small service pack into 1 big files and they named it Service Pack 3. Mostly all the small updates that u can find in microsoft website is there inside the SP3. If u update ur windows xp regulary, i dun think u will need this SP3.