xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unimatrix

Serenity New Sci-Fi Western based on Firefly

Went and saw the movie yesterday with a couple people from work. We took off at 3:30 to see it at the rush hour showing on the local 3-Story tall movie screen. I was very pleased. The movie isn't going to win an Oscar, but I felt I got my $8.00 worth in entertainment. Actually $8.00 is frankly still a little steep for 2 hours, but hey its the first movie I've seen since Episode III back in May.If there were a few more well written and different movies out there, like Serenity, I might actually goto the theater more.I never watched Firefly during its first airing, in fact I didn't even know it existed other than someone complaining about it on Slashdot from time to time. Saw the Episodes on Sci-Fi the past few weeks before Sci-Fi Friday, the only night of the week I actually watch TV, and found the show and characters to be well thought out and developed. Movie answered many of the questions about River, but still left the Sheperd's past very much a mystery. Although that isn't all bad. Only spoiler I'll give is that two of the show's main characters are killed off. If your looking for an entertaining movie to catch, Senerity is defintately worth a look.

Well, I didn't know the series until a friend from TX told me about it. She urged me to buy the DVD set, which I admit was a lot of money for something I wasn't sure about. And I LOVE FIREFLY!! Sadly the movie, Serenity, doesn't come out here in Belgium until Nov 17th or so :cry:So don't post spoilers PLEASE (I will kick you if you do LOL - and I DO wear steel tip cowgirl boots if needed :mellow:) I just love River, I can't help it. And Inara... She is soooooo WOW, yeah yeah, I know it's a she and I am too LOL. And despite Jayne's unrefined behavior, ya gotta love him. Wash is too funny. Did you see Bushwhacked as episode? Where they are all playing the (according to Simon) uncivilized ball game, and the proximity alarm goes off. Wash with a serious face goes "Oh no, what can it be, we're all doomed, who's gonna save us? Who's flying this thing ... oh wait that'd be me... work to do" I nearly fell out of my chair.*wanders off dreaming*and uhm - If they try to kill you - you just try to kill em right back :blink: (Mal in Ours Mrs Reynolds) You can't take the sky from me!!