xisto Community
Norm35

Question: Buggy Old Laptop

I bought an older laptop off ebay. It worked great for awhile and one day my daughter knocked it over and when I started it I got a blue screen of death along with a stop error.

Since then I have tried reformatting the old hard drive, once in awhile I can get it to work. I even borrowed a functioning hard drive from a friend and with both I keep getting a o/s not found error.

I'm not sure if I am dealing with bad sectors here or what. When it starts to act up I can hear a ticking coming from the hard drive, sorta like a time bomb lol... Anyone have any suggestions?

-----Please use descriptive titles for your topics so that we can know what the topic is about-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Sounds as though when it fell, the little arms of the HD scratched across the surface of the disc, or were even bent a little. I would say buy a whole new HD to format and install your OS all over again. From what you describe, it sounds as though the HD is hosed.