xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

Gran Tourismo 4

I recently purchased this game at Gamestop. I traded in many of my old games that I did not play anymore. When I bought it I thought it was online. So I didn't find out it wasn't until I bought an electronic Gaming Monthly and read an article on it. They said they were re-releasing the game with online later this year. I was kind of dissapointed when I read that. But I enjoyed Gran Tourismo 3 so I decided just to keep it. I do enjoy the game but there are a few things I dislike. For example I dislike the music in this game I haven't heard much of it and it doesn't appeal to me. Another thing is when I buy a car and finish a circuit there aren't many other places I can race with that kind of car it seems like in this game the circuits all accept different kinds of cars. So you almost need to buy a new car every time you finish a circuit. Which makes it hard to save up for a good car and get good equipment for it. But the game is still loads of fun. I suggest you wait until it comes out with online though.

I recently purchased this game at Gamestop. I traded in many of my old games that I did not play anymore. When I bought it I thought it was online. So I didn't find out it wasn't until  I bought an electronic Gaming Monthly and read an article on it. They said they were re-releasing the game with online later this year. I was kind of dissapointed when I read that. But I enjoyed Gran Tourismo 3 so I decided just to keep it. I do enjoy the game but there are a few things I dislike. For example I dislike the music in this game I haven't heard much of it and it doesn't appeal to me. Another thing is when I buy a car and finish a circuit there aren't many other places I can race with that kind of  car it seems like in this game the circuits all accept different kinds of cars. So you almost need to buy a new car every time you finish a circuit. Which makes it hard to save up for a good car and get good equipment for it. But the game is still loads of fun. I suggest you wait until it comes out with online though.

61109[/snapback]

Yeah i was a big fan of the series. But the gt3 was hard. My dad has finished all 3 including the gt4 prolougue. Tell me about all the good things and differences about it please.

I also just bought it not too long ago. Its a good game overall ill give it a rating shortly. I think that the game had a different kind of series involved in this new one. The storyline for the first 2 were all the same get the license and beat the racing cups. You will find that they have put a little twist on what you might have been expecting of gt4. Well i have been playing for about 2 weeks now and heres what i think about the game.Graphics: B+You will be amazed at how much better the graphics are compared to the usual gt3 graphics. The cars are made better and the tracks have more of a background.Sound: BCar sounds and bg noise still not much improvement compared to number 3 but it has a little bit of approvement.Gameplay: AThe gameplay on this game like i said is much better now. Theres alot more things to do and its a little different from what you are use to seeing.Overall: B+Yes, overall i would recommend buying it, i havent heard anything about the online version but i have goo things to say about this game and i think it had been a good project the team has worked on. I know people know this but expect there to be another one coming out in a couple of years. I have already heard rumors of gt5 for the x box 2? I dont know they are just rumors but i know there will be another gt5 in the next couple of years. Until then buy gt4 and enjoy all it has to offer.

Gran Turismo 5 on Xbox 2??? You must be joking! :) There is no way that Gran Turismo will ever be released on any other gaming system apart for Sony's platforms(PlayStation). Simply because the developer of the game "Polyphony Digital" is a first-party studio of Sony.

You guys can find it here if you are interested in buying it:

Gran Tourismo 4

Same rule, use this link to purchase.

Great graphics in my opinion. Much better than others that I have seen. Worth buying, especially for the graphics...

I think the rest are quite average. But really, the graphics are sweet.

-Shackman

Anyone know if they will be making Gran Turismo 4 for the PSP? I've heard multiple rumers about it, but they still haven't officially publicly stated the release of GT4 or when it is even going to be released. Definitely a racing game you can't miss out on, especially on the go! :)

Hm...not too sure about that. But I don't think it will look good on a small screen and feel 'right' with small controls. But it will be good if it ever happened...more people can get to play that game.-Shackman

Anyone know if they will be making Gran Turismo 4 for the PSP?  I've heard multiple rumers about it, but they still haven't officially publicly stated the release of GT4 or when it is even going to be released.  Definitely a racing game you can't miss out on, especially on the go! :)

62597[/snapback]

Yes, that true. Polyphony Digital is working on a PSP version of GT4 which will be probably be called "Gran Turismo 4 Mobile". This version is currently over development and we don't know when it'll be released! Whatever, it'll be different from the PS2 version because PSP is a portable machine and it hasn't the power to handle this game.

on my opinion the big difference in gt3 and 4 is the new cars...it still has the same concept,which is getting boring! it was a "too much" long wait for this! I'm just angry with the developers :)

gt4...yes...it's coming alwright. No..it's already out. I did't plat it yet but I did play gt1, gt2 and gt3. When I first played gt1, I liked it alot. you could of done evrythinggg. In that game I learned mant hing about cars. about parts and brands. There was many brand that I never heard of. Ha. Then came Gt2. I loved that game. more than gt1 cause it had more cars. I learned more about cars in gt2. Then came gt3. well...the truth is..I like gt1 an gt2 more then gt3. I can't tell why, cause I don't know either. Only two thing I likes about GT3, is that the graphic became better, and their was modern cars, like pt cruisers. I hope gt4 is great. I think so. But if I could of made gt4, I've would of make it with the modern cars, like escalade, hummer, tiburon, celica, camry, those cars. and many of them. And i've would of made it like nfsu2. you ride on the streets, and you flash your light if you see a car that you wanna race for money. and if you want you can go to the track.

My brother rented this game, but I never really tried it :) I was watching him play, and the graphics of the game are superb.Online Play is a bit dissapointing, but there is network play between PS2 Consoles. :)