xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Windows Vista [ Hot ]

Today, 26 september 2005 , Microsoft admits that they restarted almost the entire Windows VISTA programming Code. In the Wall Steet journal the say: " years of developing went to Trash can" ( sorry my tranlastions ), Bill Gates said some "bad words" to the 4000 programmers witch was developing Windows Vista.Microsoft was developing a solid kernel , based in the Linux model. The problem was that something became impossible to work and the company had that to rewrite the all code, making that the information was processed in a different way.

Based on linux kernel ???We know MS are studying Linux.. but who wouldnt, its a smart move to "know thy enemy"but what do you mean by baseing the kernel code on it ?Windows cannot contain ANY linux code without open sourcing the rest of the kernel.I take it we wont be seeing Vista in 2006 after all.Can anyone remember the origonal release date for Vista ?

It was recently Fall 2006, but now it is probally 4-15-4150sorry about the double post, I couldn't find an edit button, but could you give us a link to the article, since I can't find it?

Notice from qwijibow:
merged B)