xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyser

Deviantart Is A Great Art Community Talks about DA and some photos

It really depends on what makes a good web site. If it is the content, yes we can say deviantArt is bad. But only because it allows EVERYONE to show off - which is good. It's the idea what makes it so good and popular. Not to mention that it is the biggest one :unsure:

Well not totally. You can't qualify that statement, because gfxartist is free as well for anyone. And biggest isn't always best. I had a deviantart account but left it after i found gfx was better overall. Though i still browse deviantart for the good stuff, a lot of it really IS crap.

Not to mention that it is the biggest one :D

That's both good and bad. Good in that the "known" artists can receive a lot of exposure, and bad in that 1. it's also filled with tons of crap, and 2. there are so many artworks published every minute that unless you have a following, your artwork will immediately fade into oblivion...unless you go suck up to everyone in hopes that some will leave you a cheesy comment. :unsure:

Yeah, the art is amazing.There's supposedly video postings but I can't ever seem to get them to work.Anyone else have that problem?The little animated movies look cool, I just can't watch them.

That's both good and bad. Good in that the "known" artists can receive a lot of exposure, and bad in that 1. it's also filled with tons of crap, and 2. there are so many artworks published every minute that unless you have a following, your artwork will immediately fade into oblivion...unless you go suck up to everyone in hopes that some will leave you a cheesy comment. rolleyes.gif

This is true. Most of it is bad. Yet, it's really not too hard to just filter out the bad stuff--just look at the daily favorites on the front page (or the daily deviations, for that matter)--those are usually good. If you try to browse, though, most of the art there is bad. Sometimes you can find good art by browsing, but that usually takes a lot of searching, which most people aren't willing to do. And a lot of comments are cheesy--they don't really serve the purpose of helping the artist improve. People simply don't want to comment with concrit. I think some of it might have something to do with their being scared of starting a flame war with a criticizing comment.

Yeah, dA is certainly an awesome place for artists of all sorts. There is never a limit to the creativity you see there. I get plenty of desktop wallpapers, brushes, and such from there nowadays, and can only stare at the other pieces that are so amazing that I'm speechless.

As for me, I'm an artist there too (patronus4000.deviantart.com), though I'm not sure that I rank very high on the unsaid "most awesome deviant artists" list. XD I do pretty much everything - literature, web design, traditional art, photography, and digital art.

Serena

dA is a very good site - it is amazing what the youngsters seem to be able to do with software.There are several artists there that I regualry watch (only been a member myself since earlier this year (Lens50), but I check the site every day for new photographs - some seriously awesome people out there