xisto Community
snlildude87

Uninstall Firefox COMPLETELY Uninstall Firefox

I have a serious problem with Firefox: the cookies for some sites do not work. In other words, when I'm logged into a site, like as the admin on my gallery for example, my session ends immediately. My session behaves normally when I'm logged into my email services, but my cookies behave really weird in other sites.I have two solutions to this, one drastic and the other not drastic. I can either format my computer and start from scratch, or I can completely rid of computer of any traces of Firefox, including ALL history, passwords saved, cookies, and cache.I've chosen the latter for obvious reasons.So my question is: does anyone know how to COMPLETELY uninstall Firefox? Please do not say something like "Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs." I've tried that, and it does not work because all my older settings were still on my computer.Thanks in advance!

Uninstall how you said: "Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs." and delete folders:C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefoxor if diferent folder where installedandC:\Docs & Sett\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefoxor if you use old Windows (9x)C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\FirefoxThen reinstall Firefox!Good surf! :):D:P P.S. Any question? :)

And just in case something messed up in the insatllation of Firefox and something was installed in the wrong place (which may, even though this event is unlikely, be why yuo were suffering from cookie problems), do a search on your hardrive for anythinf with fire in the title, then for stuff with fox, then for stuff with ff to makes sure you get everything. And a tip on the reinstall, don't share cookies with IE, it can lead to problems.

Go to Start -> Search -> firefoxSearch for anything with firefox in it. Chances are you'll hit the thing that makes it tick, and pop goes the FireFox.

its ez just go to search, then search for just FireFox, and delete every file you see? ok---If it doesnt make sense pm me, but to me its simple as a cow!

Notice from moonwitch:
The repeating of the word "freakin" is completely unneccesary. Also the "MOO" redundant.... People have given this user the same piece of advice in a far more respectful and polite manner. I have editted your post. There's no need to repeat the same word to gain credits.
Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

And just in case something messed up in the insatllation of Firefox and something was installed in the wrong place (which may, even though this event is unlikely, be why yuo were suffering from cookie problems), do a search on your hardrive for anythinf with fire in the title, then for stuff with fox, then for stuff with ff to makes sure you get everything.  And a tip on the reinstall, don't share cookies with IE, it can lead to problems.

61090[/snapback]

What do you mean by "share cookies with IE"? I thought Firefox and IE can't be connected in any way? I may be wrong... How would one go about sharing cookies with IE?

Thanks for all the tip! I'll try that later tonight when I don't have anything better to do, and I'll post the update later.

Okay, I'm back! I uninstalled Firefox completely according to what you guys said, especially what haron said.The problem is, the cookie problem is still there! *sigh* Looks like I just wasted 5 minutes, but now I know it's not Firefox's fault.Oh well...now to download all my extensions back!Thanks for all the responses :) , and sorry for the double post. :)

There are two ways to share cookies between IE and Firefox, the first isn't true sharing. It is when you install Firefox, import all of your IE cookies. The second, which is true sharing, is done through IE. IE allows you to change the Temporary Internet Files folder location. This folder is the folder IE stores cookies in. If this folder is set to the location Firefox stores its cookies, it may cause problems. It can't really be set to the location that Firefox stores its cookies in, because Firefox uses a file, but if the IE cookies and the Firefox cookie file are in the same folder, it may cause problems. The problem may lie with the Firefox file as well. What version of Firefox are you using, if it is not 1.01, update and see if that helps. Otherwise, open the cookie file for Firefox (c:\Documents and Settings\you\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bclibax8.default\cookies.txt where you is your user name if you are using XP. Otherwise, do a search for "Firefox" and open the folder labeled Firefox and then search in that folder for cookies .txt). Make sure the file begins "# HTTP Cookie File

# http://www.aol.com//

# This is a generated file! Do not edit.

# To delete cookies, use the Cookie Manager" without the quotes and the line breaks may or may not occur.

I wish to uninstall firefox as I can't do ANYTHING. I can't get to my optus webpage or go anywhere, and I would like it to be uninstalled. There is NO ACCESS to an 'add' or 'remove' heading - nothing can get them to appear. Please hurry - I want it gone.Alison Mulhallen.Replying to snlildude87-reply by Alison Mulhallen

How do I get rid of anything that is Firefox and that is on my computer?

Uninstall Firefox

How do I get rid of anything that is Firefox and that is on my computer

Including registry info and all that crap. I want no trace of firefox. I want a fresh reinstall.

-question by Firefox Reinstaller

I just soooooo totally agree with the issue.Uninstall FirefoxReplying to snlildude87Actually this whole "****ing art form" of "fully uninstlling" and then reinstalling, only to find that nothing much more than the icons had been removed and then reinstalled with all the system files being in place- "Oh look golly - it's completely brand new fresh installation and it even comes with all my book marks, cookies, pass words - everything - Isn't that amazing!"Jezez those computer people are clever arn't they!"Oooooop's hang on wait a second! All the old faults and hanging and slow loading times are still there too!"This "****ing idiotic" practice from Microsoft and their "completely remove" which doesn't, has now carried over into Ubuntu...And who is the stupid **** that dreamed this up? Who is the ****ing moron who doesn't understand "completely remove" means all of it is gone- not just the desk top icons?Who can I bash senseless over this "No does not mean yes" bull****?-reply by Irate Shane

Uninstalling FirefoxUninstall Firefox

Thank you for the simple way of installing this program by just opening search and deleting everything in it.

Worked like a charm

-reply by aadamyk