xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

My Siggs, Rate Them Pls Just started with working on photoshop

Hi all, I started yesterday with using photoshop, without a tutor or anything i created this

Posted Image

I made a remake of that because of some comments:

Posted Image

Then I read a tutorial and made this:

Posted Image

That got better comments and I just made this:

Posted Image

Tell me what you think....

Are you sure you haven't worked with Photoshop before? B) Those are really great (Well, the first one's text looks kind of flat) - My favourite's the Metroid one. The background is more than great :P

Hi all, I started yesterday with using photoshop, without a tutor or anything i created this

Posted Image

I made a remake of that because of some comments:

Posted Image

Then I read a tutorial and made this:

Posted Image

That got better comments and I just made this:

Posted Image

Tell me what you think....

1064323445[/snapback]

Do you use plugins to create your sigs? Or do you manually use templates to create such. Most of my plugins doesnt seem to work after the upgrade of CS2. Been searching for plugins but cant find any. Any ideas?

I like the super samus one the best. Did you add the noise around the words and the render on purpose? cuz i don't think it looks that good. I would try maybe using a different font. I like the bg brush, though.

Don't fool us! B) These sigs are just too great for someone who never used photoshop before. I most like the nr. 3 the purple one. Maybe you could make one for me? I'd like one in Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory style. For some pics try http://enemy-territory.4players.de/news.php or try google image search.
Thank you so much.
Please PM me or send me a mail:
E-mail: jeroen.barnhoorn@freeler.nl
Thanks already again,
-=Jeroen=-

the first one.. well after the correct link.. but anyhoo the first one i dont like.. the background clashes with the picture and i cannot really tell what is going on..the rest of them are good, i especially like the samus one.. the colors go really good together.. the 2nd one.. i just love the background on it.. your gonna have to share you secret for that one hahathe last sig is very nice as well.. nice calming colors with a good pic that complements it.. good job!!!

Hahaha... you never used Photoshop before, huh? I think you must be using some plug-in or template for it. I mean, really... it's too much for a newbie / first-timer.By the way, I need someone to teach me how to make borders. My previous sigs (well, only one) don't have borders B)

they're all very well done for a photoshop newbie... i favor the metroid one, but i think that the background color could be a little different so she doesnt blend in so much... also, the text could be in a different, more effective font...

I think that the first sig could use more contrast. The image and the text are a little difficult to make out at first sight. The third one is not blended well enough, in my opinion. It looks like three disparate elements rather than one unified image.The Samus sig is your best, though I have to agree with Macace8, the noise around the text looks out of place. I'm going to guess that the noise around your handle was intentional, but that the slight noise around Samus was unintentional. Maybe you had some trouble extracting the image from its background? That part gets easier as you develop your Photoshop skills, so no worries.

The backgrounds are really good but it looks like you just put the picture flat on the background. You should try and make the picture and the background like link or blend into each other to make it look more like one picture.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep on going make new siggs, i'm really not good enough at it, and, NO, i didn't use any plugins ore something....., but there are much people, that make very better siggs than mine....