xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zony

The Files

I had a question, the files on the ftp, can I just delete them? Or, what can I delete, and what must I not delete?

1064323250[/snapback]

You can delete the ones in folder "www'. About the other one I am not sure about that. Maybe someone here knows about.

anything that has a dot in front of it, eg..elinks.trash.htpasswdsusually store settings made by programs you run while on SSH, like links.also, the files with a dot in front, are also settings, like the last login adress and time and the like.It is recommended not delete them since programs will be acting as default or may not even work at all.the logs-folder is where the serverlogs go. Public_ftp is well... a public ftp folder you can use. And public_html, or it's link ->www, is where you have to put your stuff like your site in.

Ok thanks, that was what I was wondering on. Cos I tought the files outside of "www" was to something like that, but wasn't sure, I have never had my own webhotel or anything, and this is the best free I ever have had, so this is just new for me. B)

You can delete the ones in folder "www'. About the other one I am not sure about that. Maybe someone here knows about. Erk..  =P

1064323430[/snapback]

Read other replies before you post because I already told him same thing and there is no need to write same thing.

Okay, so baically we can delete the directory 'www' and nothing will happen is that correct? So if we delete all the rest of the files and directories then some things will not work properly is that correct? Say like we keep the files and directories apart from 'www' will that effect anything else that we upload? Thanks.