xisto Community
john_meikle1405241509

Runescape: Good or Not ? Good or Not ?

Well all my friends play Runescape and im wondering, is it any good :blink: because it sounds kinda cheesy, lol but if anyone is a fan of it here, tell me whats good about it and I may consider playing it soonIf I think its good, ill try and be better than my friends, Everyone is a n00b sometime in there life and also a newbie :P Also I know Runescape is a fantasy game (because im not really a fan of it, but I may just try it out if someone says its good, a rate and a little review B) )

I play runescape every now and then but i dont get play it much. IT has different possibilites and is free unless you want to go to the member areas.

I played it for awhile before but now there are so much more games better than that. I would give Runescape a perfect 6 out of 10 because it has a pretty good "storyline". If you're playing the free version of it though, you'll get bored fast later when you're higher level. It's why most higher level players are members, its because their bored and want more. If you're just a newbie to Runescape, forget about being a member...don't waste the money trying to learn how to play and ending up (possibly) dumping the game. It's actually a great starter for most MMORPGs because of its creative layout and how Andrew(creator of game) made it so unique and different than the other types of RPG games. Runescape could be considered your basic "Live a totally different life" kind of game because there are no classes and such, just skills and spells that you can learn no matter what you want to be. All the clothes and weapons are wearable by everyone. Overall still an awesome game to play but when you start playing other hardcore or just normal MMORPGs like Guild Wars or Maple Story, you'll start to drift away from Runescape. B)

I can't stand Runescape, it's horrible.In my opinion, it's the biggest waste of time ever. And, if you actually want to get anything good out of it, you have to pay for it.I really can't stand it. I don't wanna bore you and go into details as to why, but I just can't stand it.All it is is walking around in a pathetic Java world, and chatting to a load of losers.

mmm ive played runescape before, and its ok i guess. If you wanna play something thats free, its pretty good, but there are better games if your willing to pay a small amount like ragnarok online or something

Well...i used to play Runescape a lot because it was fun, addictive, and i got to meet people but in time, it gets boring. And if you think about it, its a waste of time and life because what will you do if you get to say, level 100 and you're the strongest or something...huh?You'll want to sell your accoutn and that'll mean that you've sold a big part of your life and time. I quit while i could but man...you should all quit too!:blink:btw, how do i do the Romeo and Juliet Quest?>< XD :mellow:

please, I don’t recommend anyone playing this game, I played it a long time ago an I could get off it, I wasted loads of time mining....and you don’t get nothing out of it!!!oh, and by the way Kid Saiyan, to do the Romeo and Juliet Quest, Romeo is around the centre of faldor (the big circle thing) and Juliet is somewhere to the west (outside the border of the town)It’s from memory so don’t count on it :mellow:CheersBen2005(Too addictive for me :blink:)

You know what - this is the thing with Runescape: you have to get past the "boring" part. I've played it for some time (I don't play anymore; upgraded to Guild Wars), and I know that it is annoying getting past the tutorial, then learning where everything is, and even getting friends who will help you - it is certainly not the best aspect of the game. BUT, once you achieve that point, it gets better. I found myself restarting another account knowing I would have full knowledge of what to do and where to go and what levels to work, etc. So, it was fun to begin with.I kid you not, I know some people who are ADDICTED to that game; sure, in the beginning, they were confused, needing help - now, pfhh, they know more than I do and probably have played triple, no, quadruple the amount of time I've played. So, I suppose to each their own...I rate this game, oh... 8 out of 10 because it is a good, solid, free MMORPG, and you don't find many of those nowadays.

RuneScape is a fair game. It is basically a "ghetto" version of Everquest, and has every basic aspect of the more complex popular commerical MMORPG's out there, such as WoW and EQ.RuneScape can hold your attention for some time, but it's unfair death rating can blow you away. Whenever you die, you will always lose all your items besides 3 other useless items. (Maybe useless)It has kept my attention until I have reached level 66 with a full set of the highest quality armor. I've finished all the quests, and it has left me dead right on the spot. I've triked PKing (Player Killing) and it was fun while it lasted. I became a hybrid class (Combination of 3 classes: Ranger, Warrior, and magician) and was able to dominate over others. The fun did end when I found way too much gold from PKing though.I can't say much about RuneScape as I haven't been a premuim member, but as a free member, I'd rate the free members portion of the game a 7/10. The graphics aren't that great, that is one downfall that may bring the diehard graphics fanatic sorrow.

Wow..I have a LOT to say abou tthis game.The graphics are not bad, its a great game to play if its your first time trying it out.But! Thats where it gets all messed up. The other users in the game like to mess with 'n00bs' and this gets newbies annoyed, exhausted and disappointed. This then causes them to stop playing. That then makes them feel like its a waste of time.This all adds up to the simple answer that although it may be fun at first, its annoying if you dont get what you want throughout the game - unless youre REALLY addicted! ;)If you think of it without the personalities of the other users, you see that its not taht bad once youre getting the hang of it. If you know what to do for the quests etc, or if you are having fun, then its alright.But, its now widely being used as a source of connection between people of the opposite sex.So.. overall, its a failure, if you ask me! :)

One of my friends and my little nephew play runescape, they thinks it's a good game. I think it's not bad because it's in 3d, so not so boring text-based (like KingsofChaos or OGame)! But if you really want to play it good, you have to have a lot of time to spend on your computer. Because, in KoC or Ogame, you get your resources all the time, but in runescape it's jsut when you are online, and playing, you can get more money, fishes,.... So, i don't have so much time, and i play more games on cdroms, (they have a greater value!) like GTA:SA, NFS:MW,But i've played runescape for a couple of days, it isn't a bad game, but you need enough time to play it!Greetz,Michiel