xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zony

Switch To Firefox, Today !

To everyone who use Internet Explorer as webbrowser, switch.

I just say, Firefox! This is the best browser I ever have used, and i have tried many.. Here is the reasson - on Norwegian, I can try to translate, but I am really bad in english who your maybe can see..

Switch browser!

You have maybe heard it before; you must not use Internet Explorer. <<Why not?>>, you maybe think, <<everything works ok here..>>. Yes, things work apparently fine. but it is some very big things you should know:

You get spyware when you use Internet Explorer

If you ever have seen some new icons on your deskop, new toolbars in Internet Explorer, and get pop-ups when you example play, then you have spyware. And that is Internet Explorers fail.

Internet Explorer have many security flaws

That make your machine vulnerable for virus, hacker-attack and some other things you could be exploited for.

Other browsers are not invulnerable for spyware and virus like Internet Explorer. The internet will actually go faster, safer and more effective with another browser. Switch now!

This is some of the things on the frontpage, translated by me.. B)

To everyone who use Internet Explorer as webbrowser, switch.

I just say, Firefox! This is the best browser I ever have used, and i have tried many.. Here is the reasson - on Norwegian, I can try to translate, but I am really bad in english who your maybe can see..

This is some of the things on the frontpage, translated by me..  B)

1064322997[/snapback]

I should try firfox. Maybe it's better than Internet explorer.

Well, I can promisse you it is better than Internet Explorer, many people use Opera, that is a very good browser to, but it is not free, or you get a free edition, with a banner on the top. But I like Firefox better, and it is free. Anyone here understood my translating?

I think you made a good effort at translating the info into English, good job. There are some small errors here and there, but it's understandable. As for Firefox, ever since I tried it, I've not looked back. Its spped, ease of surfing, security, features, sure beat Internet Explorer.

I would say firefox is the best. There were times when I tried other browsers because I got pained by firefox... it would crash sometimes and be slow during startup and so on... but I always came back to firefox. Now I know how to customise it to my preferences and that's a big help. I mean all the plugins, the extensions and the themes, are really great. You don't have this sort of thing for other browsers. Also... there are some subtle things about firefox that make browsing a pleasure... such as when you open a link in a new tab, it goes into the background and loads while you are still on the current page. That's something missing in both netscape and opera.

Yes, FireFox.I used fiirefox since its version 0.3 was released.It is the best browser. I did use opera and Netscape before. but after I try firefox, I never look back.With those good extentions, firefox is a must have software in any platform (Linux, Mac, Unix etc)

I should try firfox.  Maybe it's better than Internet explorer.

1064323005[/snapback]

Oh, I can promise you that it is better than Internet Exploder, I mean Explorer.

Some of the best things about Firefox:

Tabbed Browsing! No more multiple instances of the berowser to slow things down....

Speed. Can't really explain this one, but I know that it loads web pages twice as fast on my machine

Price: FREE!!

Ease of Use: HIGH. It will not take you long to learn to use it, and it continues to get easier to use...

BugMeNot: An extension that allows you to use predetermined passwords for some internet sites.

Cookie Control: The ability to control cookies at the site level, decide which sites can place a cookie on your machine, and which sites can't

And I am still discovering things that I like...

-William

Oh, I can promise you that it is better than Internet Exploder, I mean Explorer.

Some of the best things about Firefox:

Tabbed Browsing! No more multiple instances of the berowser to slow things down....

Speed.  Can't really explain this one, but I know that it loads web pages twice as fast on my machine

Price: FREE!!

Ease of Use: HIGH.  It will not take you long to learn to use it, and it continues to get easier to use...

BugMeNot: An extension that allows you to use predetermined passwords for some internet sites.

Cookie Control: The ability to control cookies at the site level, decide which sites can place a cookie on your machine, and which sites can't

And I am still discovering things that I like...

-William

1064323091[/snapback]

Wow thanks alot man. I will defently make a switch to firefox. You know I have Comcast high speed internet and sometimes it loads slow because of Internet explorer takes alot of memory. Even though I have 1Gb ram but still it uses proccesor alot.

Does Firefox use less memory or more than IE. Is firefox better than Opera (not free edition).

I think Firefox uses tabs right? Instead of like the IE6 not IE7.

Wow thanks a lot man.  I will definitely make a switch to firefox.  You know I have Comcast high speed internet and sometimes it loads slow because of Internet explorer takes a lot of memory.  Even though I have 1Gb ram but still it uses processor a lot.

Does Firefox use less memory or more than IE.  Is firefox better than Opera (not free edition). 

I think Firefox uses tabs right?  Instead of like the IE6 not IE7.

1064323125[/snapback]

Yes, Firefox has a smaller memory footprint than IE, thus it runs faster.

Well, in a sneaky way, IE will tell you that it uses less memory, but it lies, it hides all of it's memory usage in other process that look nothing like IE...

Firefox is up front when it tells you the amount of memory that it uses...

And yes, Firefox uses tabbed browsing, it takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you will wonder how you ever got along without it...

-William

I think Firefox is better, but I've noticed something: It takes up a lot of memory when I come to Xisto. When I leave multiple tabs of this forum open, my computer starts getting noisy and slow. Could cookies be one of the cause?I've never tried it with Internet Explorer, though, so I don't know if it's slow with it too.

Yes, Firefox has a smaller memory footprint than IE, thus it runs faster.

Well, in a sneaky way, IE will tell you that it uses less memory, but it lies, it hides all of it's memory usage in other process that look nothing like IE...

Firefox is up front when it tells you the amount of memory that it uses...

And yes, Firefox uses tabbed browsing, it takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you will wonder how you ever got along without it...

-William

1064323148[/snapback]

Ohh I will get used to it. I am a fast learner. B)

Don't be mistaken folks, FF isn't as safe as everybody thinks.

You may never forget the golden rule for exploits: "the more popular it is, the more effort they make to find exploits".

And of course, a link:

[M] Is the Firefox honeymoon over? More leaks found than in IE

1064323142[/snapback]

Did anyone claim that it was safer? It is a product like any other, it will have problems. That is why people like me are hired. To fix those problems.....

That's a pretty good translation there. I understood what you were getting at, and if I didn't already use Firefox I would probably be checking it out.I used to use Netscape, but won't anymore because it's just not stable or user-friendly anymore. Version 8 crashes on my brand-new computer like, every twenty minutes. Pile of junk.And IE, well, it's just not as secure or user-friendly as Firefox.And I'm addicted to the Stumble! add-on. Heh.