xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enve19

Burnout Revenge

Just wondering really, after the addictive third title in the burnout series, has anyone had the chance to play the new Burnout Revenge yet? Are there any pro's or cons to it in comparison to the last Burnout game? Is it worth the purchase or a hire it once and get bored of it?Im looking at buying the game when i get paid and although i can just read the reviews, i'd like to get a view of it from someone who isnt writing a magazine. Just your average gamer.So any information on the game would be great and a possible turning point into buying the game.

I got it 2 days after it came out. I gotta say, it's a heck of a game. The graphics are pretty awesome (as with the other burnout games) and it has a graet rock/punk soundtrack. They also got rid of the DJ! I think it's a lot more fast paced than 3 because of traffic checking. The new Eliminater is also very fun. It gives you a sense of panic as you get eliminated every 30 seconds in revenge. The cars are much nicer, and now they have a whole bunch of crash exclusive cars like a beat up Charger and a camping van. The 1st half is fairly easy, but there are some early events that are quite challening. After you get to rank 5 (out of 10) the difficulty suddenly amps up. The way I'm going, it's gonna take me about 30-40 hours to get 100%. Online looks awesome, with a new "golf style" crash tour. I haven't been able to go onlin yet though. In crash mode, you can create much larger pileups with traffic checking, and can get multiple crash-breakers. However, the camera focuses on your car and not on the wreckage so you can't se the destruction very well. I recommend you get it, it's the best racer ever in my opinion. However, after getting used to traffic checking, I just can't play B3 now.

The Traffic Checking is the most amazing feature, it makes burnout revenge seem a lot faster paced, and at times just plain insane. Vertical Takedowns and huge jumps are also a great add-on. I think EA has done a great job with this game, and I reccommend it over any other racing game. It is crazy, I'm at 5 now, so ZeroHawk has suddenly scared me into thinking that it is going to get a lot harder to get those perfect. Oh well, I'll just split my time between this and Halo2.I haven't tried the online yet, but I wish they had split screen system link, or split screen live.

Sounds like the game is up to scratch, i think i'll go and get it tonight and have a blast on it. I really enjoyed the 3rd one and from what you guys have said, it sounds a lot better than that so its got to be worth a shot. Definately think they should bring the price down on these games seeing as the Xbox 360 is being released soon. Becomes very expensive especially when you are buying 3 or 4 games at a time.

Hey men, I am a real crazy about Burnout 3 and after the release of Revenge I am out of control. I am just waiting for my results with curiosity as after that only would my father buy me Burnout Revenge. At the moment, I am just reading its reviews and checking out screenshots on every site.

Believe me man, IT IS THE BEST RACING GAME EVER MADE . Go ahead and buy it. I bet you wont regret it. Just give your self a nitrous boost and rush to the store.

Still not satisfied then check these screenshots (from http://www.gamespot.com/):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

As ZeroHawk said, the cars look better than Burnout 3 and so do graphics.

Would post my complete review of game after i play it.

Speedy