xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Php For Embedding Am a novice

Okay, not a complete newbie when it comes to PHP (I can fumble my way around most of the time), but I'm trying to figure out how to embed my livejournal into a frames page (or something like it) for one of my other websites...Yes, livejournal has a link for it, but they expect you to already have some experience in php, and I don't know if I'm as adept in it as I would like, so I figured I'd ask people here who probably know more about it than I do.

Okay, here's a small screenshot of what I'm trying to do (it's purposefully tacky looking because I'm trying to keep this PG-13, but the site I'm using it for....isn't.):

Posted Image

Anyways, that's what I want to do...it's frames for that layout, but the site I'm going to be using it for uses tables, hence my need for php instead of the simpler HTML frames. Anyway, the link directly to the PHP tutorial for livejournal is here. For purpose of the differences in PHP coding between the two systems, my livejournal uses S2. Now, my big problem is a couple of things...one, for those of you who might have a livejournal on the S2 system, I don't know how to find out where

include "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;.        "exampleusername/?s2id=S2 ID";
S2 ID is...I know that the best way to put the livejournal in now would be to use the INCLUDE coding, but that means that I have to hope that 1) the server this website is going on supports php and 2) that the include won't mess up.

Anyways, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, not a complete newbie when it comes to PHP (I can fumble my way around most of the time), but I'm trying to figure out how to embed my livejournal into a frames page (or something like it) for one of my other websites...Yes, livejournal has a link for it, but they expect you to already have some experience in php, and I don't know if I'm as adept in it as I would like, so I figured I'd ask people here who probably know more about it than I do.

Okay, here's a small screenshot of what I'm trying to do (it's purposefully tacky looking because I'm trying to keep this PG-13, but the site I'm using it for....isn't.):

Posted Image

Anyways, that's what I want to do...it's frames for that layout, but the site I'm going to be using it for uses tables, hence my need for php instead of the simpler HTML frames.  Anyway, the link directly to the PHP tutorial for livejournal is here.  For purpose of the differences in PHP coding between the two systems, my livejournal uses S2.  Now, my big problem is a couple of things...one, for those of you who might have a livejournal on the S2 system, I don't know how to find out where

include "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;.        "exampleusername/?s2id=S2 ID";
S2 ID is...I know that the best way to put the livejournal in now would be to use the INCLUDE coding, but that means that I have to hope that 1) the server this website is going on supports php and 2) that the include won't mess up.

Anyways, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

1064322750[/snapback]

I've already met this problem before. May I help you?

You can't include a page to another one so simple. There're many things to do.

Fisrt, you must read the sourcepage(the page that contain included contents) then process it.

You need to remove some special tabs (such as <HTML> <BODY> .etc..).

After that, write it out where you want to display on the target page.

If the sourcepage contain images and/or other kinds of media, you'll need to reprocess their pahts also.

No, what I want to do, is to put the INCLUDE tab on the page...I already know about how to put the HTML text into the header.inc and footer.inc pages. I just need to know how to figure out the S2ID and how to make the tables show up properly.

After I posted this, I went back to the Livejournal FAQ, wondering if I'd missed something. I apparently hadn't read all the way down, where it explained where you could find the S2 ID. *palm meets forehead* I think I've got it all working now. :mellow: