xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Account Suspended I Still Have 5 days of Credits

I have been a faithful contributor to the discussions on these boards, and yet I woke up this morning to find that where my homepage used to be is an account suspended page...any reason why this would be, considering I don't spam, add logical thoughts to discussions, and still have 5 days of credits, as far as I know?

We ran a cleanup script which checks all data and entries related to hosting. Your account can be suspended either due to some misconfiguration or Some scripts you executed.Don't worry, send a mail to support@Xisto.com.Mention all details related to your site, login details of forum and cpanel. Also mention the scripts that you use.We will get it functional at the earliest. And sorry for the inconvinience.

I am also having the same problem today. I have PM to you(opaque) but got no reply so far. My almost all page are html except one php page, one advanced guest book and only one single page of blog. But still I am suspended. Is there something wrong having with Xisto ????Please tell soon what to do????

Your best bet is to do the same thing I did, Solanky, and email tech support at the email above...I think it all has to do with the cleanup script they did...probably affected all the accounts with php, is my guess.

mzwebfreak,I have did the same thing after reading your reply. thanks for that. waiting for some action. but tell me that your site is up or not. if yes how much time it has take for your site to come up once again.

I put in the ticket at 1:45 pm their time on September 17th, and I recieved a message that it was completed at 12:01 am September 18th, so not that long at all. Everything is still there in working order...I think it only took as long as it did because 1:45 pm my time was apparently 8:45 pm their time...but, other than that 11 hours is NOT that long. I'm happy and I'm staying right here with Xisto!

Thanks for your info but my site is still down after 12 hours of ticket booking. The reply I got from them was that increase your hosting credits at least 4 and your site will be up.

Well, it could be a combination of the two, solanky...forgot that part, cuz when I ticketed them, I had like 10 days of credits. As for you, Andrwxs, yes, EVERYTHING was still there- files and all.

The same occured with me; I attempted to login to Xisto hosting account, but after I forgot my password, I reset it and checked my e-mail only to find that I had gotten an e-mail days earlier saying that my account had been suspended. Now, from last I checked, I hadn't spammed at all, and all in all, I was good with the rules. Don't get me wrong, if I did spam, someone say something do I don't regret working the points back up for another account, but I'd like to be sure that that is neccessary first. Oh, and I still had and have over 6 days of credits left.Thank-you for your time.

Well, Guru, that's actually a slightly different situation, since I had never received an email informing me that my account was suspended. IMHO, I think the "account suspended" page on my domain was simply because that somehow due to the cleanup script the admin did over the weekend, it somehow disrupted something about the script on many of my php pages, and since those were mostly the index pages, they needed some sort of page to put there...not sure entirely that such was the case, but you're talking about having recieved suspension notification, which is a different situation than what I started discussion here on.

I understand that; my purpose was not to debate on a similar subject - I simply noticed something that was out and figured I'd query it. If what you say is true, then it would be a different discussion but nonetheless on the same basis.In any case, I would appreciate a reply on what happened. As I said, if it was somehow found to be that I spammed, I won't mind taking the time to get my credits up and running for a new account. However, I would just like to know that that is necessary before I take the time to do so.Thanks again!

Yeah...sorry. Wasn't trying to bite your head off or nothin' like that. Personally, I would think that the Admin would be more likely able to answer your questions about that. What I did is I started this post partially to get admin's attention, but also to create discussion since I'm sure that things like this can happen from time to time for whatever reason. However, at the same time I posted, I also emailed on of the online admin to let them know about the problem I seemed to be having, since, as everyone knows, admin don't always take the time to read ever single post ever created. But yeah, as per your dilemma, talk to some of the admin about it, since they'd be more able to answer it than me, a lowly peon.

Hehe; don't worry about it. You have to understand, I'm just as confused as you are. I figured I should just try and find a thread most relevant to my question, so I chose this one.Oh, and I took your advice; I e-mailed OpaQue with a rather detailed query about what exactly happened - hopefully things get straightened in some way...BTW, you're in Tampa? How'd the hurricane treat you there? I'm in Palm Harbor or Clearwater most of the time, so in any case we didn't get much here.