xisto Community
sparx

Google Blog Search one more area of the Net Google indexes

Google has now released as BETA their Blog Search Engine. Available as a Google search or Blogger Search interface, it's know really easy to search for content posted on blogs.

Google says that they can index feeds in both RSS & Atom, so a wide variety of blogs should turn up. The search is not restricted to blogs on Blogger.com (which is owned by Google) but can be extended to blogs hosted on other sites too.

Of course, the standard Google search operators can be used to great effect and new operators have also been introduced:

* inblogtitle:
* inposttitle:
* inpostauthor:
* blogurl:

Quite self explanatory. The usual clean interface helps a lot. It's nice to have one more type of Google search. BTW, Google claims that using the blog search will give better results than using the normal search when looking for blog content.

I've tried it out already. It certainly takes the legendary Google search technology to the blogging world. It is better than searching for blog posts and blogs with Technorati I think. I like the ability to subscribe to a RSS or XML feed of your Google search. That way you can read new searches in your RSS aggregator.

Google has now released as BETA their Blog Search Engine.  Available as a Google search or Blogger Search interface, it's know really easy to search for content posted on blogs.

Google says that they can index feeds in both RSS & Atom, so a wide variety of blogs should turn up. The search is not restricted to blogs on Blogger.com (which is owned by Google) but can be extended to blogs hosted on other sites too.

Of course, the standard Google search operators can be used to great effect and new operators have also been introduced:

* inblogtitle:

* inposttitle:

* inpostauthor:

* blogurl:

Quite self explanatory. The usual clean interface helps a lot. It's nice to have one more type of Google search. BTW, Google claims that using the blog search will give better results than using the normal search when looking for blog content.

What's good about the Google Tolbar search. Is it same as the Google.com or it has more features in it, that let you search better faster? B)

OMG! Another Google feature. They just keep on adding new features don't they?! Thanks for the link sparx, I might try this out sometime, Google has never failed me and I'm hoping this is just as successful as some of their other products. B)