xisto Community
ebbinger_413

Need New 2MB D-RAM where can i get some

i accidentally fried the 2mb dram stick i had in my scsi pci card...i was messing around with a 1 slot to 2 slot fan converter and it touched the scsi card and fried the dram...i dont know where to get any...it is old, id say about 5-7 years old...it is only D Ram and its only a 2mb stick...and it is only for the scsi pci adapter made by adaptec....i tried sdram in there 32mb....it didnt work...obviously...but has the same pin configuration in it...help please...i love my scsi

Ebbinger_413, I really doubt you can find anything that is 5~7 years old. I mean, where would you really find SDRAM cards? Nowhere!! Well, not "nowhere" (I exaggerated, obviously) but they are really old and they're out of date.Sometimes I get ticked off at how fast technology is advancing. One day, you're with SDRAM and the next thing you know, your computer is 20% efficient of the average computer. You upgrade it and a month later, NVidia comes up with some uber graphics card. You save up money and on and on the cycle goes...It's crazy.

Maybe you can get one at an electronics shop, maybe they can order one for you (or an alternative).But don't forget, it's not because the memory is fried there's nothin else broken. So best thing is to find another old scsi card for cheap