xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bc1687

What Do You All Think Is The Most Effective S.e?

I use 3 Search engines... Google, Altavista and Yahoo in that order. I find google picks up too much garbage if your wording is not precise and accurate, Altavista is actually pretty good (at least for me) but it can be a little limited IMHO...

Ive been using google for about 3 years now and find it really good for picking out things i need. Originally used to use msn but one day i just changed and have never looked back since for some reason.

The most Effectivce Search engine would be Google because of the vast amounts of information it stores getting the answers you need has become a science and geekspeak has called it Google Hacking where they claim you can find almost every piece of information about a website just by googling the right questions and even stuff that should not be displayed such as password.list and so on. There are a few topics about this here at Xisto and you can google for it more aswell...lol.

I really like Google because of the massive amount of content it searches (like PDFs and text files in addition to normal web pages,) and also because of the options for making your search very precise (limiting it to one site, a particular language, etc.)

i use a lot of search engines so i was wondering what y'all thought lol

1064322397[/snapback]

I'm going to have to go with Google, just like most of the other people who replied to your post. It's easy ... convenient ... and if you know what you're doing (i.e. you don't type in something extremely vague and open to twenty billion different interpretations) you can usually find basically what you want.

But when that fails (which actually happens sometimes), I use Yahoo. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to try and remember the names of other search engines when I'm trying to find information.

I use google, and recently I started to use MSN. Looks like MSN has got little better, It really finds many relevant results now, and it's pretty fast too. Anyway google is better while MSN has bunch of ads on first page just like yahoo and altavista.

I use google, and recently I started to use MSN. Looks like MSN has got little better, It really finds many relevant results now, and it's pretty fast too. Anyway google is better while MSN has bunch of ads on first page just like yahoo and altavista.

1064322515[/snapback]

I use Google most of the time. You know why? Becuase google basicly focuses on serching staff. Google is fast and it works perfect for me. Basicly shools and colleges use google.

Yep google is the best.