xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
max bitt

Does Anybody Use GML

It's used in the program Game Maker, and it's freeware in a way, but it can be registered for $20 to unlock more features.It's not really new either, it's been around for quite a few years now, I think I was 6 or 7 when GML came into exsistance...

GML is an abbreviation for GameMaker Language. It is similar to C++ and is used by the application GameMaker for creating games. At the moment, I believe the only games that can be created are flat based (example, FinalFantasy 1,2,3,4,5). However, I may be wrong.To create something like the Sims or anything else that is big, you need to program in either C++ or VisualBasic (although the latter will restrict you).I personally have not tried GameMaker, but the more I read and hear, the more I am wanting to buy it.It was once in my local supermarket for £5.99. They didn't have a clue on how much these items should cost. Because the same program cost £19.99 at PCWorld and leading computer stores. I wish I had bought it.In GameMaker, you are not limited to making games. You can make most pieces of software with it.