xisto Community
jedipi

Screenshots Of Microsoft Office 12

Oh yeah. They have. MS office is the best software of that kind there is. It will be time they come with a new one. But i thought it would come out with the new OS of them. Isn't that right? I could be wrong. I use MS office all the time. The only problem is, I have 2003 and at school they have 2000. So if i make a PPpresentation here, it won't work good at school.

There are options in MSOffice to make it backward compatible. So, If schools and colleges have older versions, We cannot blame anyone.

Also, I think export features allow you to use them anywhere. isin't it ?

Microsoft just updated the new office UI Overview page

with some new screenshots.

and according to news.com, Microsoft is going to release

a preview version of Office 2007 next week. It will only

available to limited number of testing people.

Source:

http://news.a.com.com/

here are some new screenshot from neowin.net

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Microsoft Office UI overview:

http://www.microsoft.com/err/office/

*sniff sniff* I smell a fruit...What kind of fruit could that be?Maybe it's an Apple :o Or something stole from the Apple tree.Seriously, how much closer to ripping Apple off to MS want to get? All in all, I choose my PC over a Mac any day. That's because I like my Windows classic GUI (with the exception of the XP start menu, love that). Why don't MS do some real work and stop stealing desgin tips from a company with a minority share of the market?

I don't like the new look of the Office 12. It loooks like the theme of the new AIM version too. I don't like both the new looks of AIM and Office. It looks like it was made from Flash. I like how the Office XP 02 looks and I'm going to stick with that. Why spend more money on a new look when you can do the same thing with the older version.

According Neowin.net, Microsoft Office 2007 Beta-1 Technical Release Now Available!! It can be used on Vista CTP release.Is there any tester in this forum??If so, please post some review and share your experience here.by the way, I cound not connect to beta.microsoft.com. It gave me a server error...may be there are too many peopleconnecting to it....

I just saw this from neowin.net.It said Microsoft expect Office 2007 to be available to OEM/Retail in early 2007.It is not usual that the product name match its release year.Microsoft usualy naming their product with year after.

The DESIGN of this application is the best affort by microsoft to optimize this product. Do you know that from a pool the first ten requested features for office 12 were features ALREADY present in office 2003? Strange uh? Of course for office and home user the open office suite is valuable but for advanced and professional the ms suite has something more to say.Bye :D

I've got a beta version of Office 12. So what I've experienced is not the final product, at least i hope not. Overall, I'd give this beta a 7/10 score. The good points I've experienced are: Word is totally redesigned, with everything right there at your fingertips. Never had any problems with it, though it takes a little getting used to at first because it's all repositioned as compared to every previous version of Office. but once you get the hang of it, you wonder how you ever subsisted with the old one. Excel and Access come with new features as well, and i've enjoyed using them, though I'm not qualified to judge details as I only use them for basic tasks. So what I liked the most is the new templates and color scheme formatting :D Now the downside: Outlook is impossible to use. It crashes as soon as I try to send or receive, import anything, etc. Powerpoint, on the other hand, has some good and some bad qualities. It's great as far as advanced features, new layouts, effects, etc. But if you try to save the file in regular version format, it doesn't go very smoothly. a 30 or 40 slide presentation will take like 10 minutes while it goes through the thing and decides what to render as bitmap because earlier versions can't handle it. So if you haven't lost patience by then, you save the file and what was once a slim 5 MB file is now a whopping 200 MB. So: it's great if everyone else is using the same version as you, but if not, tough luck. Overall I don't know how much i can judge the unacceptable parts of Office, considering that it IS a beta. I'll definitely spring for the full version once it's released.One more thing: Built - in PDF creation, and XML format as well, make this an EXTREME improvement over Office 2003.

Yeap .. Still very much in beta .. Dont know about th exact release date .. but assumptions are that it would come out between August / September / October .. besides the beta2 is gona come out or already out ..As far as working on office is concerned .. i guess m gona have to wait till the final release ... because in the beta version the files you make .. or the files u open / modify and then save are saved in a completely different extension that isnt recognizable by office 2003 .. so well .. we'll just have to wait n see .. cause by default if office changes extensions .. people NOT having office 2007 will have problems opening the file .. RegardsDhanesh.