xisto Community
thedevil

How To Connect MySQL With Flash? Help me connect my flash Work with MySql

I know Flash and mysql but could not figure out if I could ever connect these? I want to have a dynamic content in my flash object that could be retrieved from the database directly without myself needing to update it again and again. How can I achieve this ? Do I have to install any additional controls or connectors to do that ? If yes any one tell me

Afaik you can do it easily with coldfusion and flash mx, I remember reading a tutorial once, but I never did it because I hadn't the need, still be sure to check out macromedia site and tutorials, I can almost bet you'll find the answer there and even the tutorial that tells you how to do it.good luck

What exactly is coldfusion and what does it do? I'm embarresed to say I have it, but I've never looked into it.

1064322870[/snapback]

Hope this helps http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not mysql , but this will give you an idea, its a bit complicated at first though..

btw sorry you didnt need coldfusion.

and coldfusion is another software created by macromedia.

Really check their site out, theres useful information there.

http://www.adobe.com/

I know  Flash and mysql but could not figure out if I could ever connect these? I want to have a dynamic content in my flash object that could be retrieved from the database directly without myself needing to update it again and again.

How can I achieve this ? Do I have to install any additional controls or connectors to do that ? If yes any one tell me

1064322310[/snapback]

I guess this is not possible the only thing you can do is actually placing the link of the flash into mysql(database) and when someone goes to the site the image got loaded of the link into the database ?

hi,

basically, coz flash support post information using standard html post method, so, you can use any server side technolgy to archive. however, you need at least flash mx or later to do that(I'am using flash mx as my starting point ;) ). for instance, by using flash ==> php ==> mysql, you can retrieve text data into flash and then display it dynamically. for the images, you can use their url stored in database to archive the same effect.

the procedure like this :
load_vars object (flash) ==> php ==> mysql

you can have a look of flash online, or have a search of this site

- hope this help.

how to connect any database with flash

How To Connect MySQL With Flash?

Replying to thedevil

Please

help me becz I am very ugrent how to connect the database with flash

I nned some help from you becz I am doing quetions answer pattern Please help me

thank

Parthiban.V

-reply by parthiban