xisto Community
OpaQue

Pay Per Impression Programs CPM (Cost per M, not million)

PAY PER IMPRESSION

Pay per impression programs pay you on the basis of the number of ads you show rather than any other criteria required from the users side, like clicks, signups etx. Pay per impression are the safest mode of advertisement. Which is :-

1. Cheaper for the Advertiser (since the rates are low but are less reliable)

2. Quite reliable for Publisher but low paying. Publishers dont have to worry about clicks or signups.

CPM : Cost per M Here, M=1000 (Roman Letter)

Since, calculation of Ads or no. of impressions delievered on per ad basis is difficult, Advertisers use the word CPM i.e. Cost per 1000 ads.

Some popular Web Definations for PAY PER IMPRESSION.

1. Stands for cost per thousand (the M is derived from the Roman numeral for thousand, which was derived from the Latin "mille"). The price an advertiser pays per thousand impressions or eyeballs. Frequently used in print, broadcasting, direct marketing, and online banner ad sales.

2. "Cost per Thousand." The dollar figure used to evaluate the cost to reach a thousand persons in a media buy. CPMs are calculated by multiplying the cost of an ad by 1,000, then dividing that number by the total audience. CPM = Cost x 1,000 - divided by total Audience.

3. Refers to the cost for an advertiser to send a message to 1000 receivers. The measure is calculated by dividing the amount of money spent for a given advertisement by the number of people exposed to it. (Based on this measure, signs are usually considered to be the least expensive form of advertising.)

Yes, OpaQue. That was some good information. I have been wondering what CPM really meant. Cost Per Something... but didn't really get what the "M" was for. Thanks for clearing that one up!! B) Way to go...But like Luis said, do you know of good, reliable, advertisement agencies that offer CPM-only advertising programs?

Thx Abt this information Bro .. i just want want links to can join one from this networks .. i kno some of it but not too good .. and i worry if they dunt pay me.. so i need network sbdy worked and got paid from it ... thx

I wish to add another one :

CLICK-THROUGH RATE (CTR)

CTR is a measure of the effectiveness of an advertisement and is expressed as a percentage. The click-through rate refers to the percentage of people who "click through" an advertisement to visit the page it is linked to.

COST PER CLICK (CPC)

The cost per click is the amount you pay (or charge) per click-through of an advertisement.

Edited by knight17 (see edit history)

Thank You very match for your useful topic because I really needed someone to explain me what is Pay Per Impression.But I have a question for you : Are the Popups included in this Program or no ?Thank you again for this wonderful topic;

There are many Pay Per Impression Programs you can find by searching through Google. However, I am unable to recommend one since I use Pay Per Click instead. I think Google Adsense uses a bit of Pay Per Impression, too, but I'm not positive of that.

I like linkbucksLinkBucks is leader in social marketing and you make money very simple and easy way. You can make money by sharing of your favourite links. LinkBucks is an ad company that doesnt load you down with rules and restrictions, allows you to control your own placements, and pays out twice per month.With LinkBucks affiliate program is possible to make money also without any website - so here is the chance for those who do not believe in making money on internet (you just try it with no cost). You need just to submit there links that you would submit somewhere else (funny youtube videos, sites you like,...) and you collect linkbucks links which you post and show to your friends on forums, blogs,... Your friends you shared the link with will get to the page you wanted to show but first they will watch an AD and there you get paid!!! easy isnt it i am going to have these ads on my website......

Pay per impression can be a very handy program for those who do not want to spend hell amount of their time of keywords. This is the best option for content website made by beginners. It would have been very good if some links to the best pay per impression programs had been provided

Pay per impression programs are not available to any random website. These advertisers are also looking for some good conversion. In case of that they only get it from high traffic and quality website. So don't put your hopes on such ad networks if you're small publishers or if your site gets traffic any less than 1million per day. If you do get that such impression then i'm sure these ad networks will contact you instead of you contacting them. Some of the ad networks are known with title - pay per view. In this program they pay usually rate of about 5$ per 1000 visitors. This is the highest rate for 1 mil per day site. If you reach any more than these visitors then only premium ads are shown on your site. These ads convert like cake and that is why most of the merchants are looking for such site. Considering google's fall with panda algorithm there is no way they can find such high traffic site anymore. In order to find such site they either need to get some visitors from facebook which google can't read and hence cant't rate them high on their search engine. But it's all about quality visitors so you can expect PPV value high for facebook traffic. If you want to try PPV then closest you can get for your small publisher site is from tribal fusion media. They're leader in small publisher PPV ads. If you fail to get this advertsier then i doubt you'll be able to make any money from any other PPV advertisers. By the way beware of other scammers who start CPM based sites like adcpm etc. and use google adsense on your site. These sites are fraud and don't pay any cent to you at all. These type of sites are supposed to avoided at all costs.

If you want to try PPV then closest you can get for your small publisher site is from tribal fusion media. They're leader in small publisher PPV ads. If you fail to get this advertsier then i doubt you'll be able to make any money from any other PPV advertisers. By the way beware of other scammers who start CPM based sites like adcpm etc. and use google adsense on your site. These sites are fraud and don't pay any cent to you at all. These type of sites are supposed to avoided at all costs.

My website "Human Anatomy" gets a huge share of visitors from search engines. More than 80% visitors that come to my website are blessed to me by the search engines. Almost all of these come from google. Websites that get a lot of visitors from search engines tend to perform very well with google adsense. Because the niche, my website is based on, does not have technical visitors, they do tend to click on adsense ads and that is why adsense is performing brilliantly. I am able to generate enough money from my website to support my education and also save some. The traffic to my website is not huge. I get about 1200-1400 impressions a day but even with this modest value, adsense is generating good money for me.

I don't think CPM based ads will work on my website. First of all, with impressions as low as 1400/day, no one is going to approve my website for CPM ads. If any one does, I think I will not be able to get enough rates to compete with earnings of adsense. Even if I can get $3 cpm, which is very unlikely, it would be many times less than what I currently get from adsense on CPC basis. Furthermore, some pages of my website are so small, that even the adsense ads look spammy on them. I am working to find some script to remove one or two ad units on pages having less than a certain amount of words. So I cannot place the CPM ads in addition to my current google ads. This will turn my website into just a junk.

The only CPM network, which I have fixed my eyes upon, is buysellads.com. It may be called a CPM network but it is quite different. It is much like old time advertisement where the advertizers selects a website himself and determines what is he going to pay. But they require at least a 100,000 impressions per month and for this I have to get more than 3333 impressions per day, that is more than double the current value. I am working on it and I think this will be good. I have researched alot about their program and concluded that for a 200x200 banner, they might very well pay about 100$ a month. This will be a good alternative to one of my adsense units that is not performing very well. If I get qualitfied for buysellads.com, and get good rates, I might replace one adsense ad unit with a banner for their advertizers.

Buysellads.com is space rental type of ad network. And yes you can call it CPM or such network because of their initial requirement of the traffic and reputation of the site. They take a look at many factors before placing your ad in their marketplace. I found that most of the sites in their marketplace for view are very highly targeted and they do other reputation analysis as well. Some of their account managers do lurk around forums and who knows they might see this thread and reply if they thing it's worth to reply here. But knowing that most of us here discussing about impression less than 1 mil per day i doubt if any account manager from top CPM company will hardly drop here. I found advertisespace.com working for one of my site because it was niche site and was getting some regional traffic. So in order to monetize that traffic i used their service. They share 80-20 space on any website and you can also get referrals to make more money. In case of referrals, ad money is generated from their 20% and not from your or previous referals earning. So i guess this is one good network worth to take account. Few issues with these networks is that they also work with local companies instead of offshore publishers. For example if you're offshore publisher and not-native then you may have issue with their paypal funding or bank wire funding, so you have only option of check. This could be an issue for some networks as they via wire trasnfer or paxum/paypal. So payment processing is one issue for the account manager. They'll rarely approve international publishers on their network because of this reason. I got this answer and history behind not accepting international publishers from one of the affiliate managers of such CPM site. I hope to find some payment processing alternative soon so that i can get such network. The reason is that they fill the pocket without variable amount of earning like adsense. I like that point about CPM advertising.

I found advertisespace.com working for one of my site because it was niche site and was getting some regional traffic. So in order to monetize that traffic i used their service. They share 80-20 space on any website and you can also get referrals to make more money. In case of referrals, ad money is generated from their 20% and not from your or previous referals earning. So i guess this is one good network worth to take account.

After hearing about advertisespace.com from you, I thought I should give it a try. If you visit my website now, you will see that I have created spaces to sell. The registration and approval process was real quick. I can't say it's good or bad. Most high quality companies take some time to approve websites, so if I am to follow the tradition, it is not a good signal but on the other hand, getting approved quickly is a good thing in itself. You don't have to wait for days just to get approved. I will see how it performs and will I be able to sell any advertisement space. Because it is the first time I have created such spaces, I have decided the prices to be on the lower side. So that anyone who is willing to buy some ad space on my website don't run away by seeing high prices. I hope it works for me.

You mentioned in your post that the best thing you like about CPM ads is that they give you a constant, known value of income. You don't have to keep guessing about how much you can earn. This might surely be a good thing but I have a different opinion on that. About two months ago, when I wasn't earning much from adsense, I had a similar thinking. But believe me, when you see your adsense earnings rise, it multiplies your efforts. You begin to understand that you can earn serious money from this program and start to work harder. Moreover, you also understand the factors that matter the most. That rise you earnings the most. So you start working in the right direction and with full enthusiasm. Furthermore, there is a special fun in guessing what you are going to make this day. I check on my earnings about four or five times a day. it is fun. When the earnings are below expectations, you feel a little sad. When they are above expectations, you cheer in joy. I thing it is great experience.