xisto Community
rantsh

Astahost Share your experiences here

First of all, and for the record... I really LOOOVE the Xisto concept, I've had access to the internet for a while, and NEVER before I had been active in a message board or Forum or anything like I have been here. While most of it was just because I'm a little lazy on the writing, I have to admit that I had never had an incentive to participate. While here I get 2:1.- Free Webhosting (Which is awesome, no banners, no ads, and yet a large space, bandwidth and a lots of limitation-free useful utilities) 2.- I'm actually learning new stuff and meeting, which means, this is not the typical message board where all you find is garbage, or useless immature arguments about something completly lame.On the other hand, up to know I have had 2 problems with Xisto...1.- Every so often I can't reach the server, which means that, when trying to access it firefox returns the 'Cannot find - or connect, can't remember right now - to Xisto.com'. When this happens then not only I can't get access to the message board but I can't get access to my website as well. I've figured out that maybe, because Xisto is a free server with so many users and websites, it's not that the server is down, but (here comes one of my crazy ideas here) the route can't be resolved because there's too much traffic coming from the server and/or I'm too far away (I live in the Caribbean right now - no clue on where Xisto is located)... OR an alternative to this is (I think this is not so crazy as the first one) that, some of the astahosts servers (not only HTTP but DNS and so on) are full and can't resolve the address... Bottomline, every day since I joined I have been unable to connect to Xisto (either message board or my website) in an average of 2 to 4 times a day. (I try to be as active as I can now to accumulate points for the near future when I WILL way to busy to be as active as I'm now, so I want "buffer" points hehehe).2.- This has happened only once, and is during this session as I'm writing this post (Sat Sept 10, 2005 8.35 GMT-4), for somem reason I'm being ask to login EVERY time I click on a link to go into a topic... Am I alone here? has this happened to someone else? I'd like to know, because, I just installed some extensions in my firefox... So if I'm alone with this, it means something is wrong with my browser...Well, please let me know if you had experienced any of these 2 problems (or any other technical difficulties) with Xisto. The way I see it, this sort of things could happen even with a paid host, so I'm not blaiming Xisto for anything, actually is the other way around... I'd like to know if I'm creating my own problems (which are not more than just a couple of minor tech difficulties)Anyway, I'll be expecting your experiences to determine if I'm alone in the dark or not... See you all around...

I haven't had any log in problems so it may be a browser problem or you cookies are fouled up. I would look at the cookies first. There is another member here that seems to have the same problem but I don't know what his situation was and in the past, he has had a lot of DNS problems with the hosting server. Not sure why again.Also, I rarely have problems connecting to the site or my website. From time to time all servers have issues and ISP's have DNS problems as well. I have found that most people that have connection problems tend to live outside of the U.S. where the server is physically located. It could partially be an issue with the server farm where the server is located, net lag, DNS issues, slow connection speed, communication satalites being overburdened, or even user computer configutations. Actually, we get several "time out" or "failure to connect" complaints but it seems to be the same members that have the same problems over and over. Since the vast majority of us don't experience these problems, it has been very difficult to resolve whatever issue is causing the problem. Now, that is not to say that we don't have problems from time to time but sometimes the problems occur while an upgrade is being added or another problem is being fixed. I hope that this sheds some elight on the issue and hope that your log in problem is minor.On a brighter note, I am glad to hear that you feel so comfortable on the forum and that you are enjoying your Free Web Hosting account.vujsa