xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HTML_Guru

Starting Your Website With Html To build a website, you need to know HOW

I was reading through the tutorials, and it seems throughout the tutorials, no one has ever really taught how to build a beginner's page using HTML. Not that it's anyone's fault, but if someone is unsure of how to begin and end a page with HTML, then they will not be able to make a page.

So, I figured I'd lend a hand...

--------------------------------------------

To begin your first webpage using HTML, you will need these tags* (in this order):

<html><head><title>YOUR TITLE FOR YOUR PAGE</title></head><body>THIS IS WHERE YOUR MAIN TEXT GOES</body></html>

To explain: The HTML is in other words used to signify the beginning of the page; the beginning of the HyperText Markup Language* "coding".

The HEAD tag is used to show that everything between the beginning and end of that tag will be shown at the top, as the title of the page. Though it's not necessary for beginners to know this, it's also used for meta tags and things of that nature.

The TITLE tag is exactly what it says, the title for the page, which shows at the top... all the way at the top.

Then you have the end of the HEAD (shown by the slash before the code; that's necessary in all cases to end tags), and the beginning of the BODY. The BODY is used for the main text of your page. This is where mostly all of your information will go.

Then, finally, the end of the BODY, and thusly the end of the webpage, shown by the "/HEAD" tag.

That about covers all you need to know to start a page. Mind you, as yo uget more experienced, you'll learn more codes and tidbits to add to spice up your page... but for now, that's all you need to know.

P.S. If you want to understand a bit more of how the codes translate into webpages and such, play with the tags a bit; see what happens.

tag*: simply the HTML coding, shown in this manner:

<CODE>
and often ending in
</CODE>

HTML (HyperText Markup Lanuguage)*: the "language", if you will, for websites; this is the set of codes and otherwise that ultimately leads to a webpage.

This a very good explaination of website creation. I hope everyone will find a use for this information.

HTML_Guru said:

I was reading through the tutorials, and it seems throughout the tutorials, no one has ever really taught how to build a beginner's page using HTML.  Not that it's anyone's fault, but if someone is unsure of how to begin and end a page with HTML, then they will not be able to make a page.

You were wrong about one thing though, there has been HTML tutorials written in the programing tutorials category.

vujsa

Oh, okay, so someone has made a tutorial like mine before... good, then mine's just reinforcement, ;) .

This a very good explaination of website creation. I hope everyone will find a use for this information.

(vujsa likes my tutorial... YES!)

This is the very base of html :)If someone wants to get on with html, just go to google, and type: html tutorial. You'll get a lot of hits, now you only have to find one with your knowledge :huh:Mark

Yes, very basic stuff indeed, but I wonder do people not knowing this come to this kind of a forum ? huh, or maybe they do then people can create sites nowdays without knowing anything.. it is a pitty :huh: