xisto Community
rantsh

Astahost Sites Directory Brag about your website here FOR FREE

I was wondering... wouldn't it be cool to have a little space with a sort of directory where anyone who wants the other members of Xisto forums to visit their website could just post the address and a little reference of what it is about?

I mean, it's quite difficult (as I've learned during my short career as a webmaster) to increase the traffic of our websites via search engines (those little spiders won't come to them). So why not advertise ourselves?

It could just be forum or topic pinned on this or any other section of the site, or something like that...

Anyway, I'll hand mine (although I haven't had a chance to work on my own website, and the only thing it contains right now is an "Under Construction" Page). I don't think this is (I certainly hope it's not) spam (I mean is self publicity and if I don't do it, then who?).

My website is about a group of Venezuelan IT guys who provide technologic (Computing - HW and SW, Electronic and Electric) solutions, the group itself is being established right now. We're incorporated with other companies from aroud the world (mainly the UK and Trinidad & Tobago). So after I've worked on it enough I'll be having tips on IT, offering our services, and publishing other kind of information (IT related and 'just for fun' information as well).

There are 2 ways to get to my page... through My Xisto domain name or through my own domain name (which will hopefully preveal for a LOOONG while) Great IT Solutions dot com please be gentle, since not even the logo is ready yet :S ... I'd suggest to visit in a couple of weeks until I've finished a major project that I've got and it's top priority, and I have had the chance to write at least 1 or 2 pages on HTML...

Either way, I'll love to check out your babies as well, and I'm looking forward to see MANY replies here...

There is already a directory available at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . In this directory any member can submit his/her website link. You can give small description about your website. I hope this is what you are looking for.
Anyway my website is a Web Directory available at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ in which there are various good links divided into various categories. Any member of Xisto can submit his/her website link in my directory. But unfortunately I have minus credits at this time so wait for one or two days to be it functional again.

It's pretty cool that there's a place where we can do this already, but, it's kind of hidden, so My suggestion here is: Why not put a link to that site on a more visible place (like the welcome page) and encourage people to use it. I mean it's ok that is not a mandatory thing to be published there, but I really think it's a really great way to increase traffic to our webs

dear rantsh, you are right in saying that there must be a link to the Xisto directory on the welcome page. Than I have make search for it and found that there is a link named Directory already on top of every Xisto page but it is not on the default "lite" theme. You have to switch to "ambience" theme for seeing it. I would requet to Admin/Mods to put this link on every theme not only on the ambience.