xisto Community
rantsh

Dell Laptop Replacement Speaker Inspiron 8200

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask any of you, if you know where I can buy an internal speaker for my DELL INSPIRON 8200 LAPTOP for cheap, in case it helps in any way it's the left speaker...Thanks for any help that you can provide

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask any of you, if you know where I can buy an internal speaker for my DELL INSPIRON 8200 LAPTOP for cheap, in case it helps in any way it's the left speaker...

Thanks for any help that you can provide

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any time I need parts, I check isellsurplus.com - they're insanely cheap and usually carry just about everything.

However: if you don't find the part that you need on their site, you can put out feelers for it through one of their Web forms.

And if that doesn't work out for you, you can always check eBay. I've found pretty good deals there in the past.

I find most of my parts at newegg.com, but this sounds like something that you would need to go to ebay for. I would not reccommened going to dell though. My last laptop was an Inspiron 8200, and when the screen broke (I droped a desktop on it, end of story) I called dell, they wanted $1,500 to replace the screen on a laptop I paid $1,600 for! The dell representative actually reccommended just buying a new laptop. I didn't have that type of cash, so I took it to a local store, they found the LCD on ebay, and I got it fixed, and it cost $384 overall.Okay, so basically the summary of my story, if your laptop breaks, look for a local group that repairs laptops, and unless it is covered by your warranty, skip dell.Oh, and the speakers in that think are junk anyways, who in their right mind decided to build that thing with the speakers sticking out of the sides?

Oh, and the speakers in that think are junk anyways, who in their right mind decided to build that thing with the speakers sticking out of the sides?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll tell you who: the bright guy who figured out that when those easily-breakable things break, most users will order replacements directly through Dell. Which means that they can charge all sorts of money for parts and labor if the machine's out of warranty. I bet Dell gave him a bonus for his ingenuity. *dry smile*

yeah, you are probally right. That's why I bought an HP, I bought (and still have, it is about 2 years old) an HP desktop and I got great tech support from HP. Although the hardware wasn't really that good.I then bought the computer I'm tying on now (about 2/3 of a year ago) It is a Pavilion zd8000 laptop. This thing is a beast, it weighs 12 pounds, and the power brick looks industrial strength. It does draw 150 Watts. It also has a 17" monitor, Dual Layer DVD burner, came with some crappy printer I gave away, 512 MB DDR400 ram, 256MB ATI Radeon X600, 3.2 Gig P4 HT, and 80 gig 5400 RPM HDD. It also came with 2 remotes, has PCI express, express card, dual tuner, FM tuner, oh yeah, and it gets 45min. on the battery. One word of advice, if you plan to travel with this, find a good chiropracter.Anyways, HP used to have great service, but now I get some foreign guy (I don't have anything against them, but I liked to talk to people in the US better) who I can't understand, and instead of knowing the answer, looks it up in the corporate database.Oh, btw, is the grill thing in front of the speaker broken too?And a great way to increase the volume and clarity of the sound is to cup you hands around the speakers, and kinda angle the sound twoards you. Of course my zd8000, tank size laptop, has great harman kardon speakers in the front, which don't work to well if it is on your lap, but if you put this thing on your lap, your likely to burn off something you will miss later.

I kept inheriting old HP computers from family and friends who upgraded or whatever. I still hate HP desktops. BOTH of them gave me video card problems, which I couldn't fix because it seemed that, at least on the Pavilion 8086, there really wasn't a way to get the card out of the motherboard. (Not that I'm a computer genius or anything - that's just what it looked like. Regardless, it looked far more complicated than I was willing to accept.)I don't know anything about HP notebooks ... but I'm running a Compaq notebook, which is *sort of* like having an HP. (They're incessantly tied together, at least when you try to check out their Web sites or order replacement parts and such.)I really like this notebook. Other than it having a lower grade processor (AMD Sempron instead of K6), it seems like they put pretty decent hardware into it. It's running Altec Lansing speakers (nice because the thing's usually on my desk and not on my lap, so i can actually hear audio) ... came with tons of software that I'll never use (don't really play DVDs too much, but it's nice to have around) ... and apparently their customer support has won tons of awards lately, which is reassuring.Ah, and it only weighs a few pounds - less than 8, I'm pretty sure - so when I DO have it out, it can sit on my lap without cutting off circulation to my legs. (That's saying a lot - I'm 5'6 and weigh 125 pounds - pretty small in other words.) All in all, it was better than paying Dell an arm, leg and several toes in shipping charges. ;)

Oh, btw, is the grill thing in front of the speaker broken too?

And a great way to increase the volume and clarity of the sound is to cup you hands around the speakers, and kinda angle the sound twoards you.

Of course my zd8000, tank size laptop, has great harman kardon speakers in the front, which don't work to well if it is on your lap, but if you put this thing on your lap, your likely to burn off something you will miss later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No nothing is phisically broken (Not that I can see). The hand technique to deflect the sounds towars you always works ;) But it's simply not the same with one side dead.

My Dell heats a lot too, Sometimes I think I can use my laptop to iron my shirts ;) hahaha.

Anyways, HP used to have great service, but now I get some foreign guy (I don't have anything against them, but I liked to talk to people in the US better) who I can't understand, and instead of knowing the answer, looks it up in the corporate database.

Oh give foreign guys (like me) a chance, besides, if you're getting a foreign person thant means we (or NOT-US natural people in general) are making a job as good as an American person would... but cheaper. (SAD) Besides, he's probably just following procedures that might say something like: "You do not think, you live to tell the costumer what we have already writen in the Database, otherwise we wouldn't have taken the time to write it there. I doesn't matter if you know a more efficient way, you live to be ruled by that datase (or "procedure"), and this is the only truth of your life" (Believe me when I've seening procedures imply that without saying it so straightforward...

I really like this notebook. Other than it having a lower grade processor (AMD Sempron instead of K6),

I'm not an expert on AMD but I wonder if with k6 you mean athlon (As I recall k6 is a very OLD processor)

I don't know anything about HP notebooks ... but I'm running a Compaq notebook, which is *sort of* like having an HP. (They're incessantly tied together, at least when you try to check out their Web sites or order replacement parts and such.)

I see you don't know, but yeap, I think it was on fall 2001, HP bought Compaq.

On the other hand, something I had forgotten to mention when I first wrote this topic, when my speaker died, I tried to dissasamble the laptop myself and see if it's a loose cable or something like that, I have handled Hardware for a long while now, but, soon enough I discovered that there are great differences between a laptop and a desktop when it comes to assambly.

Either way, the thing is that now I have a small secondary flaw, when my PC goes to LOW-RES instead of streaching everything, it shrinks the screen, I don't have any clue on what could've caused this since I didn't even dissasamble the whole thing, I just kind of opened it, took a peek into the speaker section and closed it, when I switched it on again, the DELL booting screen was small and the information on my BIOS was taken back to factory default...

Now I don't care if the DELL and the XP booting screens look nastily small, but when I want to use my TV out the computer screen turns small and makes it almost impossible to use the computer while watching something through the TV out, anybody has a suggestion on how to fix this???