xisto Community
chronogamer28

Boast Your Computers Specs. Feel free to brag

Hmmm.. alright, haven't updated here for a long while but this is what I'm running:

AMD Phenom II 810 @ 2.95 GHz
ASUS M3A
XFX Radeon HD 4850 w/ 512 MB GDDR3
1 x 500 GB WDC Caviar Black 7200 RPM SATA w/ 32 MB Cache (SYSTEM drv)
1 x 500 GB SEAGATE Barricuda ES.2 7200 RPM SATA w/ 32 MB Cache (DATA drv)
1 x 320 GB HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 7200 RPM SATA w/ 16 MB Cache (TRAY drv) <-- for college lab uses
4 x 1 GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR2-800 @ 757 MHz @ CL4-5-4-12
1 x LG GH22P20 DVD-RW IDE

For a more detailed, complete and up to date specs, visit: https://kwokinator.com/computer-specs/

xboxrulz

so is your computer running a quad core processor?

usually when it's the case it's proudly said : "Core 2 Quad"! Whereas when the name is like "Core 2" or "Core 2 dual", this means two cpu's.

so is your computer running a quad core processor?Because i m only on dual core this is something that i wish that i had, then my computer would run even better.
Don't you think so?

yes, the Phenom II 810 is a quadcore. The full name for this processor is the Phenom II X4 810. However, most people don't bother to write that as the model number already signifies that it's a quad core.

Phenom II 500 --> quad core with two cores disabled w/ full 6 MB L3 Cache
Phenom II 700 --> quad core with one core disabled w/ 6 MB L3 Cache
Phenom II 800 --> quad core with no cores disabled w/ 4 MB L3 Cache (2 MB of its 6 MB L3 Cache disabled)
Phenom II 900 --> quad core with no cores disabled w/ 6 MB L3 Cache

There's no Phenom II 600 as of yet.

deltatux

removing the wires would cost them more money to do so i would have thought they would just leave them in and have another way of doing it. I hope that someday they have 1024 cores in processor's and each core is 1000 thz in size. could you all imagine that i know that i would be imagine that specticule.

with the 500 you could tevhnically enable the other cores.

that comes with restrictions like you must have ACC on your motherboard (any southbridges like SB710 and 750) and unlocking isn't guaranteed. If you do get to unlock, they may or may not be stable.

deltatux

Except if the other cores are disabled by physically removing the internal wires before packaging the chips.

AMD didn't do that which I was surprised they didn't. I'm pretty sure AMD's doing this a marketing ploy since some enthusiasts would actually buy extra processors just to see if they can unlock them.

removing the wires would cost them more money to do so i would have thought they would just leave them in and have another way of doing it. I hope that someday they have 1024 cores in processor's and each core is 1000 thz in size. could you all imagine that i know that i would be imagine that specticule.

We are already barely keeping up with Moore's Law right now, so I doubt we can get 1000 THz w/ 1024 cores. It's gonna be a tough squeeze as there may not be enough physical space to squeeze so many cores.

I bet in the future we will have to invent a better point-to-point connection and have regular consumer running 2 physical CPUs just to keep up the performance demands. That and require programmers to be much more efficient than they are now.

xboxrulz

what would be able to do that would be a quantum computer but those at this point point in time do not work properly. they work for short amounts of time. which is like half a second but after that any data made in the quantum computer becomes useless. which means that once they figqure out quantum computers servers, code crackers and many more types of computing areas will use them. hey you never know they might even become home computers think of how fast gta 4 would run on one of those. for those of you who do not know a quantum computer is a computer which is designed to work in multiply dimensions and which means it can do a infinite number of calculations all at the same time so the old method of making a code harder to break by making longer would not work because the process would have speed.. but the problem is that they need to run in a incohenrant state which means you can not have any dust in the computer but that also means that you can not look and also at this fram in time you can not read the data.

how fast gta 4 would run on one of those

Not really sure. Having fast processors is not enough. Probably, for gaming, the graphic adapter is responsible for most of the time.I would like to know if, simply, gta4 goes faster on a quad-cpu PC than on a mono-processor. Besides that the game could need disk or memory space, so super-fast processor could happen to lead to absolute no speed improvement.
We really need a gta4 stand benchmark set, with proven official reliable results! :)

Haven't been at Xisto for a while but I have been busy with my rig and here's my latest specs:

Name: BLUTYPHOON

Processor: AMD Phenom II 810 @ 3 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS M3A

RAM: 4 x 2 GB G.Skill HK Series DDR2-800

Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 4850

Sound: Auzentech X-Raider 7.1

More of my specs and for latest specs here: https://kwokinator.com/computer-specs/

Here's my CPU-Z screenshot:

Posted Image

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=995108

Cheers,

xboxrulz

updated my specs mainly my operating system, i am now using the oem version of windows 7, and i have my hdtv.------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 5/22/2010, 15:37:58 Machine name: KNIGHT-SYSTEMS Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate overlord edition 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Overlord Systems System Model: The Overlord BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 4096MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 4096MB RAM Page File: 1631MB used, 11462MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT Display Memory: 2287 MB Dedicated Memory: 495 MB Shared Memory: 1791 MB Current Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (75Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: LE1940 Monitor Id: BTC1940 Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (60.070Hz) Output Type: DVI Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 4/3/2010 23:55:31, 11906664 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a Rank Of Driver: 00E60003 D3D9 Overlay: Supported DXVA-HD: Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory: 2287 MB Dedicated Memory: 495 MB Shared Memory: 1791 MB Current Mode: 1848 x 1042 (32 bit) (30Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: Proview TV Monitor Id: PTS00B9 Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.815Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 4/3/2010 23:55:31, 11906664 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a D3D9 Overlay: Supported DXVA-HD: Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled-------------Sound Devices------------- Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_18490662&REV_1001 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: n/a Date and Size: 7/14/2009 01:07:00, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0x0 Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, NoSensaura ZoomFX: No Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_18490662&REV_1001 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: n/a Date and Size: 7/14/2009 01:07:00, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0x0 Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, NoSensaura ZoomFX: No-------------------DirectInput Devices------------------- Device Name: Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/aVendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/aVendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/aPoll w/ Interrupt: No-----------USB Devices-----------+ USB Root Hub| Vendor/Product ID: 0x10DE, 0x03F1| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub| Service: usbhub| +-+ USB Input Device| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x04D9, 0x1133| | Location: Port_#0004.Hub_#0001| | Matching Device ID: generic_hid_device| | Service: HidUsb| | | +-+ HID-compliant mouse| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x04D9, 0x1133| | | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse| | | Service: mouhid----------------Gameport Devices----------------------------PS/2 Devices------------+ Standard PS/2 Keyboard| Matching Device ID: *pnp0303| Service: i8042prt| + Terminal Server Keyboard Driver| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd| Upper Filters: kbdclass| Service: TermDD| + Terminal Server Mouse Driver| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou| Upper Filters: mouclass| Service: TermDD------------------------Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives------------------------ Drive: C: Free Space: 13.6 GBTotal Space: 238.5 GBFile System: NTFS Model: SAMSUNG HD250HJ SCSI Disk Device Drive: D: Free Space: 0.7 GBTotal Space: 152.6 GBFile System: NTFS Model: SAMSUNG HD160JJ SCSI Disk Device Drive: L: Model: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0002 Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: N: Model: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0003 Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: H: Model: YXCX C9EBOHMR85 SCSI CdRom Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: I: Model: YXCX C9EBOHMR85 SCSI CdRom Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: G: Model: YXCX C9EBOHMR85 SCSI CdRom Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: F: Model: IOMEGA ZIPCD1024INT-A ATA Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: J: Model: YXCX C9EBOHMR85 SCSI CdRom Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: K: Model: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000 Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: E: Model: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P ATA Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytes Drive: M: Model: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0001 Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), , 0 bytesepic isn't it.

Well I have no any money so my computer is so old that the unique factor that make it entertained is the internet because I can´t install videogames newer than 2000 because I dont have a 3d video card, either. So my apologizes to all you that maybe don´t believe me but this is the truth.My computer is a:Intel Pentium II 233 MHz256 MB RAM8 MB VIDEO CARDMy monitor doesn´t have a mark so...I have a mouse and a keyboard512 Kbps Cable InternetWindows SP3 autorebooteable(my computer has problems and turn off alone)And maybe that is all so you are lucky and never say bad things about your computers because in a little part in the earth I am connected with my old computer.So bye bye.

Well I have no any money . So my apologizes to all you t

There is no reason to apologize. Having not a lot of money is a problem, it's not a reason to apologize. And, in order to be with us in our forum, your computer has enough power. That's one of the reasons of this post, to allow you saying that, for surfing on the internet, your hardware is big enough.