xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TJ213

Halo Modding

If any one is interested, please reply. This is just a little information about modding halo and halo2, which I think is a great way to extend the lives of the games.Just so you know, I am not talking about the cheating patches used on Xbox LiveHalo1: The modding community has had a lot of time to work with halo1. Although not many mods have been released for halo1, it remains the easiest to mod of the 2 halos (at this time). Programmers have dedicated their skill to developing programs to edit halo1, including one called spark edit, and another called Halo Map Tools. Modders have been able to create new weapons, vehicles, and even entire levels. AI, and SP to MP level conversions are also possible.Halo2: Although halo2 has not been out nearly as long, there are hundreds of mods out for it already. Not suprisingly, there seem to be a lot more mods based on "skinning" halo2, this is probally because of halo2's graphics. Right now there are many aspects of halo2 that can be changed, including injecting weapons and vehicles from SP to MP. Although SP to MP level transfer is not yet possible, and there are system link issues.If anyone is interested, please reply, and I can give you more information, and some links.

and that is the type of mod I'm not talking about, I'm talking about mods like the New Map Pack, Star Wars, and more where there are entirely new Multi Player Levels. In halo2 there are new pit of death and arena mods, prophet's chair, Fuel Rod Gun, Phantom, Pelica, Play as a hunter, Scriped longswords and serephs, and so much more.

Halo Modding

Just so you know, I am not talking about the cheating patches used on Xbox Live

I still remember when i first cheated on xbox live and the cheat i used was modding. I probly lasted 3 weeks then got banned im not sure. But while i was modding it was really fun even though i was messing up every 1 elses rank and game play. to me modding was worth the ban. but any wayz

Now that i see that its pointless, i stopped modding a while back. i modded myself to a lvl 31 and got banned. and now with this new current account that i got im a legit 33. when i look back on it now it was pretty much a waste of 50$