xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sickgrrl723

Music Videos influential directors and editing styles

so, i just watched the new my chemical romance video for "ghost of you" and i would have to say its now one of my favorites (although there is no doubt that due to MTV, i will get tired of it soon...) anywho, it takes place during wwII- being very influenced by that time period, i think the feeling of the video is awesome. i love the editing between the verse (a USO dance/performance) and the chorus (combat scenes) because there is such difference between the two in the actual song it fits perfectly....but enough about that, what's your favorite video (editing and style wise) right now, and why?

i'm kinda bummed that more people haven't responded. i thought this would be a really cool topic for people to discuss music videos, which i think is a really cool form of digital art. hence the placement.... i don't know... i guess i just got my hopes up.... at least silvercoke replied... thanks for that... i like that video too....

does anyone else have any favorites? music videos are a digital art.... there's a lot of work that goes into them....

does anyone else have any favorites? music videos are a digital art.... there's a lot of work that goes into them....

1064322703[/snapback]

Chris Cunningham has some really awesome work. He has produced music videos for bjork, Aphex Twin, Prodigy, etc. Many of them have strange and or even surreal elements in them.

I like the Gorillaz videos at the moment, just the whole animation side of things has interested me for years. The fact that they are like alter egos of the actual musicians is great, they even made a small clip for when they won an award recently!!All there videos are really good enjoying watching the video more than listening to the music!!!