xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
meandtheweb

What Do You Thing About Picasa From Google? I use it and i want to know your comment

I am using Picasa from Google, it's a good software. Picasa scan and find your computer automatic for all picture in your computer. But if you don't want a few folder to be scanned, you can remove it easily with the Folder Manager.

You can edit your picture too. There is basic fixes, tuning en effect. You can watch slideshow, export your picture as webpage, import picture from your camera, create screensaver, movie and poster and many more.

You can find it here.

I've read many good reviews about Picasa from Google, but I'm always averse to downloading and installing software on my computer. I'd rather have the software available online, so there's no hassle downloading and installing. If you're like me, I would recommend https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2F. It's very useful in organising photos, although you can't edit or re-touch the photos.

The website of Flickr looks like it is still in Beta. I'm not saying it will be full of bugs or anything but since it's in Beta, does it mean it is going to be a paid service soon?For Picasa, the only part i like about it is the hosting. Before Xisto, i used blogger and Xanga for a short period of time. During that time i was scouring the web for image-hosts. I found imageshack quite OK but it just hosted the image without any organization of all my images. So if i forgot the URL of the image, its just gone and i have to upload it to their website again. So Picasa was my next choice and it worked favorably well. Well...better than most that is.

The website of Flickr looks like it is still in Beta. I'm not saying it will be full of bugs or anything but since it's in Beta, does it mean it is going to be a paid service soon?

For Picasa, the only part i like about it is the hosting. Before Xisto, i used blogger and Xanga for a short period of time. During that time i was scouring the web for image-hosts. I found imageshack quite OK but it just hosted the image without any organization of all my images. So if i forgot the URL of the image, its just gone and i have to upload it to their website again. So Picasa was my next choice and it worked favorably well. Well...better than most that is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My office computer does not seem to recognize any image file for some odd reason.. so I went and downloaded Pisca as my tool for searching for, organizing and doing simple retouching to images. The reason I require an Image search program is because I download upto a hundred pictures a day, all of them of course free to use, and most of them used in some form or the other in artworks, creatives or in the numerous presentations I seem to churn out everyday towards developing new business with prospective BTL spending clients.

Pisca has prooven very helpful as a tool towards quickly finding and locating pictures that I require. It sorts pictures according to the date it was saved to the computer, by file name, by folder name as well as by keywords that have been attached to the file.

Frankly, if you manage images in a structured folder, and maintain it every now and so often, there's little need for an image management software on your computer. However, if you're in a high pressure environment and need to locate perticular type of pictures fast and through a visual medium, then the sorts of Pisca is definately recomended.

I have been using picassa only for the reason to get my pictures on blog... and its as easy as it can get. Highly recommended for bloggers...just waiting when they will let my Mobile service provider let snap pictures and blog...

I've read many good reviews about Picasa from Google, but I'm always averse to downloading and installing software on my computer. I'd rather have the software available online, so there's no hassle downloading and installing. If you're like me, I would recommend https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2F. It's very useful in organising photos, although you can't edit or re-touch the photos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use picasa on top of flickr. For me, I use picasa when I need to post some picture to my blog. It's the easiest way to do, since both of them are from google. On the other hand, if I want to share some of my pictures beyond my blog, I'd like to use flickr. It's easy to organize and share with my friends only.