xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Getting Antique Look In Photoshop

Okay, I want to get an antique look for a graphic, and though I knew that Paint Shop Pro has a nice simple button to do that, I haven't figured out a way to get it done the right way in Photoshop. I mean, I tried a desaturate then hue/saturation with hue 38, sauration 20 and lightness 14, and it came out looking like this:

Posted Image

It's nice and all, but not exactly what I was looking for...any help would be appreciated.

work with blur effect and see what you get also work with contrasting and layer properties as well but i think its a sweet set up you have going.

i would say sharpen 6-10 times then use some wind, also a good thing to use is gaussian blur and some noise

BTW: That was with PS 5.0 - yeah, I'm a little outdated.

wow thats really old, i just got photoshop cs2 9.0 and its working great, ive never been that far back so i wouldnt know how much that version suck compared to mine but im sure it does and you should upgrade asap

i would say sharpen 6-10 times then use some wind, also a good thing to use is gaussian blur and some noise

wow thats really old, i just got photoshop cs2 9.0 and its working great, ive never been that far back so i wouldnt know how much that version suck compared to mine but im sure it does and you should upgrade asap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I would but as a new college student...I'm pretty much broke. ;)