xisto Community
Sarah81

Want Old Versions Of Your Favorite Programs? You can still get them

Sometimes companies who put out *really* good software mess it up when they release the new version. There are bugs in it. The interface is totally different, but not in a good, wow-aren't-we-making-technology-work-for-the-better sort of way. Or maybe it's just not as effective as the older version.

You want to downgrade to the older version (the one that you actually like), but you don't have the installation file. Believe me: it happens. Computer crashes, trashed CD-Rs, and other such disasters will definitely get rid of your installation files.

But you can still get the old versions.

If you go to OldVersion.com you can download just about any popular program. They archive several (or more) of the old versions, all of which are available.

The site itself doesn't charge anything, but any registration fees that you would pay for the software (i.e. upgrade from trial to full version) still apply.

And it's not just for antivirus or antispyware programs. You can find IRC clients, IM programs, zipping utilities, etc.

Interesting side note: they even have mIRC 2.1 - a *seriously* old version. (Oh, the sweet nostalgia!)

Thanks for the tip, I was searching for an old version of BPM studio because I don't like the new version at all. I haven't found it yet but I'm gonna check it out right now. I hope I will find it. Thanks anyway, it's a very good site.Regards and lots of thanks,-=Jeroen=-

This can be very useful. We sometimes will support a version of Photoshop for 2 - 3 years until we can't find copies of the old version just so everyone is using the same program. Not such a big issue with Photoshop, but it is with programs like Lightwave. Features differ greatly from 5.6 - 7 and even 7 - 8.

Great Site! Thanks a lot!

If you search Google for "abandonware" you will find several sites with old ganes and programs. Acrobat Reader 4 is so much faster than today's version, and you won't be able to install Photoshop CS on a 233 Mhz PII, but you can use Photoshop 3 on old machines like that.

Here again my favorite:

Notepad 2.03 32-bit XP-compatible, 18,8 KB!

Posted Image

Downlaod here

GreetingZ

Also has file-sharing programs :(Yes, it's a very good site.Do they really have old Photoshops? Gotta get me some of that! I've been needing a good Photoshop for a while now...

Micrographx photoshop

Want Old Versions Of Your Favorite Programs?

Hi,

I have lost my disc for this program I am wanting to buy/ find/ beg/ borrow another. I had to install a new p.C and found I had lost the disc. I have the program data but not the setup to load it on my new system. Can anyone help me please

Het

-question by Heather Duggan