xisto Community
iGuest

How Long Is Your PC Boot Time ?

My computer boots up in around 45 seconds from the moment I turn it on until I reach my desktop. I'm running on Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3), Pentium 4 CPU (2.40 Gigahertz), with only one GB of RAM.

OK, but, if you want for instance to surf on the internet, you cannot use Internet Explorer at this time. You have first to wait until your Antivirus starts, than you have to wait until your IP address is acquired, then your browser can access the web.

OK, but, if you want for instance to surf on the internet, you cannot use Internet Explorer at this time. You have first to wait until your Antivirus starts, than you have to wait until your IP address is acquired, then your browser can access the web.

Yes. I have noticed that. If I opened up my internet browser right after my desktop loaded, it would take a while before I was even able to do anything with it. I would have to say that it takes around a 75 seconds from the time I hit the power button on my computer to begin using my computer regularly. A lot of my processes have to load up before I can start using programs.

Yes. I have noticed that. If I opened up my internet browser right after my desktop loaded, it would take a while before I was even able to do anything with it. I would have to say that it takes around a 75 seconds from the time I hit the power button on my computer to begin using my computer regularly. A lot of my processes have to load up before I can start using programs.

That's why we should say that the boot time is about 75 seconds, time to the moment we are able to open a brower address like https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl or time needed for opening an existing Microsoft Word document (at boot time you frequently see the document opening last more than one minute).The boot time is not the time to see the desktop, the boot time is the time to be able to normally use the computer (viewing pictures/movies, surfing on the interning, or typing inside a wordprocesor).

Yeah, I'm wondering if the older browsers, although let compatible with newer technologies could they be faster than never browsers with online protection running in the background. If so, then the bottleneck is programing. A thing to query is the browser and software (anti-virus suites) If they make use of multiprocessing and processor/ram resource sharing or implement some sort of caching to offset speed/responsiveness issues.

Something around 40 seconds to get me to the password prompt.Using Gentoo Linux on somewhat a server box (Intel S3000AHV + Intel Core 2 Duo E6600).

Something around 40 seconds to get me to the password prompt.Using Gentoo Linux on somewhat a server box (Intel S3000AHV + Intel Core 2 Duo E6600).

Yes, but...
After having entered your password, how many time before you are able to surf on the web?

my config is 3 gb ram 2.00ghz processor running windows 7 home premium 32 bit

I clocked my system and it takes exactly 25 seconds to goto the login screen and further within 15 seconds of my passwrd it's ready to connect to internet.

-reply by rishabh