xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Few Questions About Dvd

Is it true that you can store ordinary data into DVD? If it's so, can you make a bootable DVD? How about an audio/mp3 DVD? Does DVD stand for "Digital Video Disc"? If so, how can it store data when it is called a digital VIDEO disc?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Yes it is true that you can store ordinary data on DVDs and DVD now stands for Digital Versatile Disk but before it stood for Digital Video Disc. Yes, you can store MP3 on DVDs too, but I’m not sure about Audio. I would guess that you could store Audio on DVDs but I don't think that any of the CD Players would read DVDs.

I store everything on DVD, data, music, pictures, movies.Exactly everything which is on your computer can be stored on a DVD. My PC is able to read back all these things. However, as the_furious1 said, non-PC readers are not obviously able to read them.for instance, the DVD reader attached to my TV is also able to read pictures and MP3's, but not whent thy are burned on DVD's.

DVDs are just like high-capacity CDs.All DVDs must have a filesystem, and can store anything. The V does stand for Versatile (contrary to the popular belief that it stands for Video).Because of DVD's large amount of storage space, they were great for storing large movies and films, to the point that now everybody seems to think that DVDs are just for films.