xisto Community
comateen

Gettyimages.com

some of you probably already know this site, but if you don't take a look at it.

you can search for a specific kind of image, and you can also have VERY specific searches.

this site is actually for graphic designers, photographs or anyone who wants to buy stock images from photographs. you can order images and pay for a photo that you would like in a project or something.

but if you just want a photo to play with in photoshop or whatnot, you just have to register and you can have the picture without the "gettyimages" watermark, but your picture will be at a poor resolution.

or you just can have fun by browsing the site and admire photoraphy!

http://www.gettyimages.de/landing/unsupported

it's a very usefull site... with a HUGE... and i mean really HUGE database.... and you don't have to pay for all the photos, you can find some royality free photos witch are at almost at the same quality with the others!

You know, i remember when I was an undergrad I called getty images plc in london to ask if for a student project I could use some of their images and the girl was really rude to me. but i'm not bitter :P It is a pretty comprehensive site though, and some of their collections are truly stunning.

Gettyimages is a great site, They are one of the world's top photo providers in both the creative & editoral worlds.The reason they get so nasty about free photos is because that's how they make their business. Tens of thousands of $$$ are stolen everyday from agencies like this, by people who gan unauthorized access to accounts and such.

Gettyimages.com

Gettyimages.com

It's one of the few sites that is been visited by me very often. Kudos of maintaining such a niche website :-)

Regards,

Cruise