xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Randle Densmore Jr.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic Best Role Play Game Ever

If you haven't palyed this game before you are missing out. You get a complete interaction of what it would be like if you were there. The fighting on the games if fun how you can build up your tactics. I also like that they have mini games in the game when you can race or play cards its awesome. The new Stars knights Of The Old Republic 2 will be even better i think. I haven't played fable yet but its looks really good and i want to so i think i will have to check it out. But if you haven't played this game yet GET IT it's so good!

Cool game ill kill boss of first game and now try to play second game.But its really interesting game !Also you can use saber or gun to killing mobs or you can party with any characters which help you to done this game

I have to say that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was a good game.I had never played a 'RPG style' game before, and I won this game at an Xbox LAN. I thought, "I'll give it a go" because it didn't cost me anything and if I didn't like it, I'd give to a friend or something. After the first hour, I thought the gameplay was a bit slow and nearly gave up, but I gained some determination and played on. Only then to become totally engrossed in the game and playing for several hours on end [including all night].SW:KOTOR certainly gave me a different view of the RPG genre. Although it didn't convert me, I no longer think of RPG's as a waste of time, wandering around talking to and/or killing other people.

I have to say that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was a good game.

I had never played a 'RPG style' game before, and I won this game at an Xbox LAN. I thought, "I'll give it a go" because it didn't cost me anything and if I didn't like it, I'd give to a friend or something.

After the first hour, I thought the gameplay was a bit slow and nearly gave up, but I gained some determination and played on. Only then to become totally engrossed in the game and playing for several hours on end [including all night].

SW:KOTOR certainly gave me a different view of the RPG genre. Although it didn't convert me, I no longer think of RPG's as a waste of time, wandering around talking to and/or killing other people.

60958[/snapback]

Holly miracle!!!

theRealSheep likes RPG game :) !!! =)

Its really good game for everyone!!!

Yes, I have to agree with you here. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is probablly one of the best, if not the best, RPG that I have ever played. The story was excellent and there was so many things you could do. There was plenty of side quests and other things that you could deal with in several different ways to effect your rank from light to dark, or vice versa.Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II is also just as good as the first. It took everything from the first one and made it better.I suggest playing either of these great games, because that are amazing :).

My thoughts about KOTOR: *SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED ALREADY, BUT ARE GOING TO!*The 2003 Game of the Year "Knights of the Old Republic" was and still is one of my favorite games to date. That said, I was anxious to get my hands on The Sith Lords as soon as it came out. Still, I spared some time to play through the original game right before so as to hype up the story. It took me 70 hours to play through everything as thoroughly as one can and in the end, I couldn't help the let down. I tried as hard as one can but it just didn't happen. In many ways, The Sith Wars is the little brother of the Original. The big brother can beat up on one "less developed" but with a lot of potential that hasn't yet been reached. At first sight KotOR II is already a let down. The opening story scroll is sub par compared to the Original and that trend continues. The cutscenes in II are not of the superb quality of KotOR and they are often to short and there are not enough. Still one can look past these things. However it is impossible to look past the many bugs that plague the game throughout. Add up character misplacement, faulty swoop tracks, and the overall game instability and this is a very messy game. IGN was far too forgiving of these many problems. Still, I was determined to fight through the game. At many times, I was having the time of my life and at others I found myself wondering if there was a reason I was playing. Overall, I think KotOR II gives a rewarding experience, but the side quests, character developement and overall complexity and completeness of the game is lacking. In a sequel, I expect fixes to things that were wrong in the first and improvements in everything else. That is not what KotOR II delivers. If anything, it is a downgrade. The story of The Sith Lords is weaker than that of KotOR, and the ending is much much worse. In KotOR, I fell in love with Bastilla and saved the galaxy. I won't give anything away, but it doesn't work out that way in the Sith Lords. You don't really save the Galaxy and the game doesn't allow you to pursue your love interests although it teases you with romantic suggestions from the three female companions of yours. I was very dissappointed in the ending. Howeve, the Sith Lords does have a worthy story. I can't help but feel as though this game was rushed to completion leaving many things needs to be done to polish the game and add more content. The one new addition, the influence system is interesting, but doesn't really affect anything as it should. (yet another unfufilled potential.) Another 6 months to a year and this could have been the 2005 game of the year. Unfortunately, it won't be.

The beauty of KOTOR is that it is as complex or accessible as you want it to be. This is a Bioware game, so adherence to d20 rules should be expected. However, not every fan of "The Empire Strikes Back" is a fan of D&D, so there are several options in the game that can be toggled on or off to make the game either feel more like a pen/paper game, or more closely resemble a hack/slash adventure, depending on your own preference.

This is not to say that there is not a learning curve, but the story that has been crafted actually makes you wish to continue to press on, despite the foreignness of this kind of game to most console RPG fans. In the wake of KOTOR, the new Star Wars flicks look like even bigger disasters. It's that good, and the skillfully crafted tale far surpasses any piece of SW lore that has been put out by the man in plaid since the original trilogy wrapped up with Return of the Jedi. Suffice it to say that you begin life upon a republic starship that is under siege, you discover the force flows through your veins, and your own path must be forged from there. To say any more would be doing a great disservice.

One of the greatest things about KOTOR is how it manages to give you the illusion of full out freedom, while still managing to keep the plot progressing nicely. Very few games pull this off, as most RPGs give the player either too little freedom in the name of progressing the story (Final Fantasy), or way too much, to the point where you may not even know there IS a story, ala Morrowind. KOTOR avoids this downfall with ease, by allowing the player multiple paths and choices in almost every situation, without ever becoming too overwhelming. This may be seen as a downfall for those who enjoy the true open-ended RPGs that are prevalent on the PC, but kudos should be given to Bioware for striking an uncanny balance in appealing to both the casual gamer who cannot devote 200 hours to finding everything, and the hardcore audience, who will no doubt want to consume every iota of the scrumptious geek banquet that lies within.

Thanks to the endless customization of force powers, feats, attributes, and light/dark alignment, no 2 playthroughs will ever be alike. Dark Jedi can use light force powers, such as heal, but at a much higher force (read:mana) cost. Light Jedi can use Dark powers, but at a big hit to their karma. This is character customization done right.

Also done right is the presentation ? everything here is flawless by my scoring, and though I'm sure I could find something to nitpick at if I looked hard enough, I am not that jaded of a critic. Let's be clear ? everything in the visuals, from the rusty old cantinas, to the magnificent skyscrapers of Taris, to the prairie lands of Dantooine are exactly as you may envision them in your head. Alien species of every kind walk around you and go about their business, making you feel like a part in something bigger than yourself. Said races all speak in their authentic film languages, and original music is present in the game that would fit right at home in Episode III. This is more than a great licensed product; this is a labor of love.

If you are a fan of RPGs, you obviously need this game. More importantly, if you are one of the many Star Wars fans who feel the last truly great console title to bear the license was Super Return of the Jedi, then this may end up being more than just a great game to you ? it may turn out to be your own personal version of the second coming. A definite contender for Game of the Year.

This Is A Review I Made On A Friends Site.Hope yall like it

By the way Overall I'm giving it a 9.7! very great rpg i must say

I can also agree with that but i have not played the 2nd one yet is it better like much better than the first one because if it is then i might have to beat the first one soon and get the second one :)

I agree this game is one of the best Role playing games on the market. Well now the ssecond kotor is a lot better and so in the game play. But this is a good game all the mini games you get to do in it. I think this is better that final fantasy.