xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

I've had Gmail for a while...I had hotmail before it... This was like 10 months ago now...I tried using Hotmail in Outlook express and it wouldn't let me...That day, that very hour, was the last hour I would even consider using Hotmail ever againSo I went to GmailAnd it's been great ever sinceI hate deleting thingsWhich I don't have to do with GmailAnd hey... I only have 1700emails in my inbox XDOnly like 50 of them are junkmail...

what! dont tell me you havent had a gmail account yet! dude, its the best ever.. the bestest! its so cool to use that i even feel ashamed to log in hotmail or yahoo! gmail rocks! its has some ads, text ads, unlike what you find in hotmail or yahoo, like huge banners, etc. it is just great.. you have to experience it to know it!!and yea, given its so cool, you need an invitation to have one, and drop by saxsuxsarah, i guess they will charge your credit card after 29days, right? i closed it right away when i say they were asking for money!

wow, i have ever used gmail, even though I do have an account just sitting there :) Believe it or not, ladies and gentlemen, I'm sticking with Hotmail, I am used to clean my inbox periodically, and I do like it when it is clean, so I can stick with the small space I get through it. Gmal has I believe 2.5 - 3 Gb, and I just don`t need that much space ;)

Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that combines the best features of traditional email with Google's search technology. Gmail makes locating messages so easy that you'll never need to shuffle mail in your inbox again. Besides this entirely new way of reading and tracking messages, Gmail includes more than 2,500 megabytes of storage space - that's over two gigabytes. And on top of that, we'll keep giving you more space as we're able. Best of all, it's free.

To learn more about the benefits of Gmail, visit our Getting Started section.

Yacoob

gmail is great, you dont need to delete a single email because the space is always increasing, increasing right now infact and it has over 2.5gb storage space. It sure does beat hotmail, faster loading and only text ads, shorter email too you@gmail.com, and also the chance to use google talk, which i have not tried yet.Overall go for it

I use both GMail and AIM. They both have excellent storage. Both have about the same storage space (1gb). GMail is on top of Yahoo! Mail and Hotmail. But in my opinion doesn't beat AIM because to me, I use aim alot and whenever i get a new message i'd get a reminder. That Gmail doesnt' do for me. They have a program that does tell you but it takes too much memory and it bothers me that it's in the start up area.

Why not? It's not like you have to invest any money into it or anything. In my opinion it's the best, and it's a done debate. 2000+ megabytes is more than enough space for anyone, and no other host gives nearly that much that I know of. There's no ads, no risks, no cons at all, only alot of pros. Go for it.

Like many, i'm going to tell you that GMail is absoloutly great for everything. The major feature is that you get so much space so you never have to delete anything, its super cool in that way. Its also good that its on Google's server and is super fast. Its also cool that you can actully download the GDrive or whatever it is and store your files on GMail, like your own little harddrive.I'd rate it 10/10, A++, whatever, its great.

Hi,

I've been debating for a while about getting Gmail, but a few of my friends said it was horrible.  I would like to know if it is really worth it getting another email account.  What are the benifits and the bad things, too?

Thanks,

Erich B :)

1064319882[/snapback]

I just learned 2day there was such a thing as "gmail" and i don't have experience of it, but i wouldn't use it...it just seems...strange...but i guess if everyone else likes it, u might as well give it a shot. :P

I say g-mail or "google mail" is only good for the amount of storage they give you, and the invites they allow you to give out. Other than that I think it slow when logging in, and there menus are kind of confusing, but I use yahoo mail, I like it, find my options easily.

I use Gmail more than any other mail server besides for yahoo. The only reason for that is everyone I've ever meet has my yahoo mail from the past 10 years or so. But Gmail is diffinatly worth getting. It gives you plenty of storage space and the Archive ability is really nice....i don't have to constantly delete messages and wonder what was said a few emails back from a person. I actually have two Gmail's. One for spam and signing up for websites that i know spam or might spam and then for my own person use the other. Defiantly get Gmail if you don't already have an account.

well i use it for the same thing. one for my spam and signups and another for my personal mail. actually i had all these other emails that i used to use for my junk mail stuff, but they didn't have spam filtering. so now i forward all those other email accounts through the gmail one, and the gmail spam filter cleans out all -- well, not alll, but out of 100 junk emails, maybe one or two get through. I used to recieve over 150 junk emails a day, and now it's around 2 or 3. GMail rocks!!